Any info on Cavalier King Charles please! Questions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Twigs, Jul 11, 2010.

1. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I have a Cavy cross and she is wonderful. 5 years old and (touch wood) none of he associated health problems. She gets mistaken for a Blenheim pure bred all the time, as there are only subtle differences (carries her tail higher, slight overbite, longer body)
    If you could find a CKC/****zu cross you could be onto a winner.
    Mine was a 'mistake' dad is a pedigree they had been trying to mate but he was a bit randy wih the wrong bitch..
    Good luch whatever you do.
    And can i just say it is such a shame that this breed seems to be dying through bad breeding.They are such soft fab little dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Twigs

Twigs New Member

Name:
    Sheena
    Hi everyone, I started this thread about Cavs as we were thinking of getting one. It would have been my ideal dog. I did not see the tv programme about pedigree dogs, but I know of someone who had 2 cavs and one had a heart murmour and the other had lots of health problems and after reading all the info here it really put me off.
    We have just got (on Monday) a sprocker puppy. He will be 9 weeks on Sat. He is a gorgeous little boy and seems to have a fantastic temperament. Personally I hope he grows into more cocker than springer because we've always had cockers! His mum was the cocker, dad the springer.
    Hes had his first trip to vets today and did'nt mind it at all!
    Anyone else out there with a sprocker pup, would love to hear from you!
  4. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Congratulations on getting your dog, hope you post some pics of him and let us all see him.
    The sprockers I know are lovely, 1 is more cocker, the other more springer! But both of them are very good natured dogs.
    You can't go wrong with a spaniel:grin: