APBT-ish? Rescue

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Honey5, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Honey5

Honey5 New Member

Name:
    Honey
    Azz likes this.

APBT-ish?

She was surrendered to the shelter by the previous owners as a "full blood APBT" (in the US) by some rather questionable people. If you had to venture a guess, what would you say she might be? Sorry I did not include a standing pic, I realize this isn't ideal. 55 lbs (slightly overfat), Shoulder height 22". Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    I would say she is of "Pit Bull Type" as it is labelled here in the UK, but not APBT so I would say Bull Breed Mix (BBM)
  4. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    She could be pure bred but it would be poorly bred, and at 55lbs, I'm kinda doultful.
    She looks APBT x
  5. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I think even though they say full blood she looks like a mix with cur which isn't uncommon to see. Though she might not be.

@LMost why do you don't at 55lbs?
    I think her coat type looks a little fuller vs a pure bred
  6. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    [​IMG]
    Same problem with Sophie, if you look up American Staffordshire Terrier you see a million clones of her. Yet one of the pit bull sites has always said they see nothing bully in her. But then the average knucklehead on the street around here will clear the way..."Hey that's a PIT!", who is more afraid of you than you are of her...gofigya...yes she's about 60lbs.
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    She doesn't look like an AmStaff. At least not in the pics. She appears to have a snippy muzzle and red nose. She looks over weight so it's harder to judge her size and build. But I think she has some bully look. She could be a Pit mix or a not so typy Pit. Maybe she could even have some AmStaff blood in her but she doesn't have the characteristic typiness. They have a fairly distinct head type and red nose is pretty rare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here a beauty, not in the US though.
    [​IMG]
    Using Chrome it translated from French to English. To read rating and title ect
    http://www.chiens-de-france.com/voi...rier/ch-rebeka-jr-elegant-of-cole/542867.html

APBT
    [​IMG]
    This is a popular image

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The APBT has more variation so there is a little more leeway therr but often people might have a dog with Pit type features that is actually a mix but they just say it is a Pit Bull. Some have Staff features too, you have people breeding AST to APBT.
  8. Mr.Bulldog

Mr.Bulldog New Member

Name:
    Mike
    I'm with bulldogs4life on that one, I'm not sure I'd register your girl as any kind of bulldog if I just passed it in the street. I'd see it if I looked specifically, the ears are acceptable and theres the suggestion of the skull cleft bullies have but thats about it.

Whats the dog in the second apbt picture you posted there bulldogs4life?
    I'm sure thats a Euro-kennel, I know that ugly-ass wall from somewhere :)
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I'm not sure the dog but I was thinking the same thing. I've seen also another dog same wall. Can't place it but I'm pretty sure somewhere in Europe.

I only know last 3 dogs are
    1. Champion Sorrells' Blue Monday
    2. Battendorf bred male I had
    3. Wood & Wilder's Red Inferno
  10. Honey5

Honey5 New Member

Name:
    Honey
    Yeah....I don't believe anything the previous owners said. I'm a little skeptical she was even their dog! She didn't know her supposed name, wasn't housebroken, and didn't know what a toy was (at 9 mos). You are right, her coat is fuller around her neck and chest in particular. I looked up some pics of curs , that is a possible part of the mix I hadn't considered, but I can totally see that as a possibility.