Are there more blue staff males than females? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by irishbluestafy, Apr 17, 2011.

1. irishbluestafy

irishbluestafy New Member

Name:
    joe

Are there more blue staff males than females?

searching for bitch for my blue staff is much harder as i find there more males :/
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    In dog breeding it is usually the Bitch owner that searches for the right stud.

As I have said on your other posts no responsible breeder would breed blue to blue.
    Maybe thats the reason for lack of Bitches
  4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Irish Staff isn`t a breed. Blue is just a colour.
    I expect you`ve got an SBT cross? And Rescues are overflowing with them.
    So to echo what`s been said above - please don`t breed.
  5. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Blue is just a dilute Black Brindle breeding blue to blue will increase the incidence of certain health issues.
  6. Zuluandnaomi

Zuluandnaomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Is there any reason why you are just looking for a Blue bitch other than blue puppies? Really breeding for colour alone isn't ethical. There is alot of inbreeding with blues, which does the breed more harm than good of course.

I will of course as a staffy owner advise not to breed your dog, because of the amount of dogs that are in shelters and desperate for homes. While puppies are still around they wont find homes, and the risk that a bitch is put in when she is bred, I think should only be undertaken by experienced breeders. As the owner of the stud dog you really have no say in how the puppies are treated, brought up, sold to, etc. I personally couldnt run that risk.

not going to have a go, as you're here for advice and will do what you want at the end of the day, but all I can say is if you truly love the Stafford as a breed then steer away from breeding.
  7. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Do you mean for mating? If so why are you even looking? Don't you think there are enough Staffs in rescues as it is? :/
  8. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    No such thing as a 'pedigree' Irish blue staff,like the Irish red staff it's a misnomer for pitbull type.
    The area where you live has sadly higher than average number of people who use these dogs for the wrong purposes and are not averse to stealing them.Be careful.