Ares is a whole year old Photos

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by MissBoo22, Dec 29, 2015.

1. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda

Ares is a whole year old

Turned one yesterday ! image.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    MissBoo22 likes this.
    He is lovely. Happy Birthday Ares.
  4. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    MissBoo22 likes this.
    He is gorgeous! Is it typical to have to tape the ears for so long in Dobes? Because they are cropped so long?
  5. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Thank you. Yes easy over a year of posting with a long show crop. His ears are 5 1/2 inches long. I thought they were done and mistakenly set myself back haha whoops ! His left is done I believe but I'm waiting for his right trip to firm up some more. He was out of post two months with only breathe strips on the tips but noticed the right tip starting to droop a bit with nothing on :/ so I think after about two more months we will where we should be:) here's a pic of a few days ago with nothing on them to support and as you can see they stand beautifully :) lol I have to remember not get overly excited and remember slow and steady wins the race when it comes to ears :)
    image.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I see. He's a looker for sure. I think if I had a Dobie I'd have them cropped sjort.
  7. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Thank you thanks very kind :) I will be looking into a nice working line female in the next six months. I couldn't crop a dobe short but that's just my preference and have no issues with what someone else likes :)
  8. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    More pics of my boy :) image.jpg
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    He's beautiful. I will look forward to seeing pics of your future female.
    I understand the short crop isn't typical anymore, nor in the show ring but I've seen some old photos with the shorter ears and I really like that look I guess.
  10. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Lovely looking Dobe :)

(I won't comment on the cropped ears or pinch/prong collar tho :lol:)
  11. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Oh man .... Lol you guys are killing me don't get me started lol prongs are nothing more then a corrective tool. Consider it powered steering and no it isn't cruel lol I swear I'm gonna have to host a seminar lol for those that don't understand sarcasm yes this is sarcasm.... Although I wouldn't mind ;)
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  12. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Ya the old school dobes sported the military crop back in the day it certainly served it purpose in WWII. I think the short crop looks amazing on pits but not so much on dobes that's just me but head shape is a huge part in the crop I'm sure you know that :) lol I'm looking into a few breeders, so I'll definitely post pics when the time comes :)
  13. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Good explanation. Not much different than C. Milan poking a dog in the neck?
  14. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Floppyears and Malka like this.
    It's training with pain - which most ethical dog owners are against.
    Please don't tell me you condone the use of electric shock collars as well :101:
  15. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    If used properly it doesn't cause pain though. We can't assume the poster would use it in a cruel manner to inflict pain?
  16. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Malka, 6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    They work by causing pain Ezee..

[​IMG]

And yes, if used incorrectly (which is likely to happen) they can cause serious damage..

[​IMG]
  17. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Ok, wading into another thread here. Prongs do work by causing discomfort, otherwise they'd be pointless ;) However, used correctly they're no more likely to cause damage than any other collar. Flat collars can cause damage if used incorrectly, or if the dog is allowed to pull into them. But, as with any corrective collar they are a short term solution and should not be used for years on end as you see many people doing. Training LLW alongside the use of them is obviously the idea, and not using them as a long term management solution.

As for Cesar Milan being referenced....I don't know any decent dog owner/trainer who takes a blind bit of notice of him! :rolleyes:
  18. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Omg no it's painful. I use them I would know. They correct as if a mother dog would correct its pups. Ares mother dogs cruel now ? E collars don't actually harm the dog either watch a vids it's a stimulant not a shock.
  19. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    those for one are crap collars. Mine are extremely expensive with nice rounded tips and I know how to use them. That's what happens when idiots use them and have no idea of what they are doing.
  20. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    No they are only used for training purposes with minimal corrections that's it. They are used in our sport and I use them to train. Anyone who have used a prong correctly knows that they won't harm the dog. Actually have been proven safer then any choke correction collar
  21. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Yes exactly :) I get mine from herm sprenger and they are great. Nice round tips and just great engineering.