Autobiography of a Bulldog, by Mrs Neville Peel Questions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by k9paw, Mar 13, 2011.

1. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H

Autobiography of a Bulldog, by Mrs Neville Peel

Have had this old book on the shelf for many years, can't remember where it came from now (probably charity shop or jumble sale), by Mrs Neville Peel, there is no date in it, just wondered if anyone had ever come across/knows anything more about it
    Many thanks
    H.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I just seen its selling for 30 Pound on Amazon ...
  4. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Thanks Murf (didn't think to look on there:blush:), will go have a look now, i wondered about the date was published more than anything :)
  5. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Date on amazon one is 1920 but this doesn't have a date in n no pages missing, is a good read anyway:)
    Thanks again
    H.
  6. majuka

majuka New Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hi H :grin:

I guess it is written as the Bulldog - what sort of things does he / she get up to?

Old dog books make me chuckle. I was getting new tyres the other day and they had a book in the waiting area called 'who wants a dog?' or something like that. It was a really old book about how to look after dogs and suggested that to exerecise them you should go to a park and just let them run off and they would come back when they were ready. Sadly, they were quite quick doing the tyres and I never did get to read much of it :lol:
  7. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Yes it is as if written by the bulldog who was i think 'the runt' of the litter. He lives with a Colonel, wife family n other dogs (very well to do, upper class). He writes of their lives, daughter and himself being taken by gypsies, one of the son's being ill, another dog being sold to a circus and the family falling on hard times, but better fortune in the end. It's a shame you didn't get chance to read more of the book at the garage, i find old books interesting too, especially ones about dogs, if ever come across them :)
  8. majuka

majuka New Member

Name:
    Jane
    It sounds really good, I love stories that were written as the dog! My young nephew recently gave me a book called 'Born to Run'. It is a child's book about a greyhound and his life. Part of it is written as the people and part of it is written as the dog himself. If you can see past the fact that it is aimed at children, it is a very good book, although very sad in parts.x
  9. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Thanks will look out for that one :)