Bad wind Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Natalie., Sep 26, 2017.

1. Natalie.

Natalie. New Member

Name:
    Natalie

Bad wind

I have 8 month gsp dog weighing 22.5kg. He’s on puppy step up wheat free from pets at home. His wind is unbearable! It’s stinks the whole house out! Any suggestions for food please. The vet has given me probiotics to put over his food but I think I would feel content knowing that there might be a more suitable food for him!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Natalie and welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me :039:

What brand of food are you feeding your pup and what are the ingredients? As I have only had small dogs I do not know much about larger breeds, and being a raw feeder do not know much about dog food, kibble and the like, but from what some other Breedia members have said, a larger breed should be on adult food and not puppy food.

I hope someone who knows more about it than I, can help you.
  4. Natalie.

Natalie. New Member

Name:
    Natalie

Thank you for replying to me. I have took photos of the food I am feeding him.

Attached Files:

5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and Natalie. like this.
    Each dog is different and what is good for one may not be for an other, some do well on cheaper food, some don't, same goes for the "expensive" food, it depends on what works for your dog at what price you can afford.
    I guess its a case of trial and error.
  6. Natalie.

Natalie. New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Thank you
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Hi Natalie
    After I read your post I started doing a bit of research. I found an article and here is part of it
    They seem simple things that you try, as I'm not an expert you obviously will decide for yourself.
    Does your dog ' wolf ' his food down ?
    How many meals a day do you give him ?
    Here's the article......

Some dogs (my old greyhound used to love this one - that's her at the top of the page) enjoy a spoonful of natural yoghurt as a little treat after their dinner. This can aid digestion and reduce the risk of flatulence.

It's important to ensure that your dog has been checked for fleas and ticks, a dog with fleas and ticks will have a nervous disposition which can contribute to flatulence -Frontline for Dogs is a good product to use for getting rid of fleas and ticks.

If you dog does “wolf” his food he’ll be swallowing air as well as his dinner. Get ready for a gas outbreak! Try feeding him on a “little and often” basis – the same amount of food as he’d normally have in a day but spread it out a bit. Instead of feeding your dog 1 or 2 portions of food per day, divide the daily ration into smaller portions and feed the dog more frequently.

Cut out or drastically reduce those little treats and leftovers from your dinner. If he gets bloated, you know what’ll happen……..! Sure – it’s hard to resist throwing him an extra piece of doggie chocolate or sneak him a bit of meat from your plate when he comes begging, but resist if you can. Your boy (or girl) will have less chance of a “wind episode.”
  8. NDJeepgirl

NDJeepgirl New Member

Name:
    Kim
    Hi Natalie :)
    We started feeding ours Blue Buffalo but he had extremely bad gas so per our vet we switched him to Science Diet Puppy (Large Breed) lamb and rice and his gas has gone down considerably and it is not as bad. I've included a picture :) a836d916c0e8fd52e0db3081a50135fc.jpg
  9. Natalie.

Natalie. New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Thank you very much
  10. Natalie.

Natalie. New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Thank you for your reply