Basset Fauve De Bretagne Discussions

Discussion in 'Basset Fauve de Bretagne' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Basset Fauve De Bretagne

Basset Fauve De Bretagne
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Gosh do we have no owners of BFDB on the forum, if there is anyone please let me know you can PM if you prefer not to write on the forum. I am considering a change of breed and would like to chat with someone owning this breed as they are on the short list.
  4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    There were lots of hunting dogs in Britanny - they looked like Foxhounds but taller - is that them?

eta - ah...have just googled - that`s not them them!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
  5. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    No they are small dogs, very cheerful types, I know the breed well but wanted to know about grooming and that sort of detail only an owner would know.
  6. mad4foxhounds

mad4foxhounds New Member

Name:
    jackie
    a woman in beagles has them too, i like their happy upfor it looks on their faces will try to find a link somewhere
  7. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    My previous neighbour has one. Fantastic little dog, so friendly and with a great character. Luckily she seems to be maintenance free!
  8. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    You could be thinking of the griffon fauve de bretagne much bigger and quite rare.
  9. Windhound

Windhound New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    I had one about 20yrs ago,he was a great character,always up to no good! They are such an enjoyable breed to live with,grooming is really very easy,you strip them like any wirehaired breed,making sure that you do not remove the characteristic points of the breed,they are a very brave little dog,I say little ,only in the fact that they have "short" legs. I would love to have one in my family again.:grin:
  10. RRmum

RRmum New Member

Name:
    Jo
    I saw one of these for the first time today. We met one whilst out on our walk.
    Gorgeous little fellow. The owner said she only knew of 4 others around.
  11. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    i have never met one, but i would love too. they are such a stunning breed, one i know very little about though... i cant even say the name :lol:
  12. Carolyn Ryan

Carolyn Ryan New Member

Name:
    Carolyn
    I've only just joined but I have a BFDB and would be happy to talk to you about him.
  13. Tessabelle

Tessabelle New Member

Name:
    Tess
    Bentley used to have one as his best mate! They would play so well together, at a time when Bentley was unsure of so many other dogs. His name is Winston and based on him I would say a lovely breed. Would always laugh at him when he'd had a haircut :lol: Janice was a hairdresser so she would do it herself!
    Hope you get the info you're looking for :)
  14. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Hello.
    This is Tootsy a Basset Fauve De Bretagne. We found her in a vide grenier (boot fare) in South West France. The cutest thing looking out of a very dirty wooden box stole my heart instantly. She is currently 7 months old and very lively. She enjoys countryside walks and hunting rabbits. She is prone to running off on the scent of a bunny and disappearing off into the distance. She is pretty laid back, likes a bit of loving but likes her own space too. Just the best little dog ever....
  15. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Azz and Malka like this.
    Tootsy when only 3 months old...a Basset Fauve De Bretagne P1010005 (14).JPG
  16. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Azz and Malka like this.
    Toosy 5 months old, changing her fur pattern... P1010017 (11).JPG
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tootsy is a real little darling :007:

It is not a breed I know so may I ask how big she is and what she weighs?
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to the forum Andrew. Tootsie is very sweet.
    There used to be a B. Fauve just a few doors from us, but they moved :-( He was from a breeder in Derby, but they are not common over here.
  19. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Ermmm...She is now about 8 months old....she is about a foot+ high and about 12kg I guess....she is still growing...I think...I'm not a breeder or an expert I'm afraid...Her latest pic... P1010040 (4).JPG
  20. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Tootsy is, I guess, not a pure bred puppy. I have seen only one other like her here, funnily enough, owned by another English family. They are not common but probably linked a wee bit to the region of S.W France although I believe their origins are in the Northern parts...
  21. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    P1010015 (10).JPG P1010015 (10).JPG Would you be able to pass this by if you saw it looking at you in a VERY dirty wooden box.......