Beauceron why are they so rare? Questions

Discussion in 'Beauceron' started by gsd lover, Sep 4, 2010.

1. gsd lover

gsd lover New Member

Name:
    hayley

Beauceron why are they so rare?

why are they so rare? dont know much about them they are lovely looking dogs. does any1 have one what are they like?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Because the breeders are very careful who they allow to have their puppies. They are not an easy breed & definitely NOT for the fainthearted or inexperienced
  4. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I agree, I met one at DD at Crufts a couple of years ago and was really taken by him, his owner said they arent an easy breed and hers had pushed her to the limits many times.
  5. gsd lover

gsd lover New Member

Name:
    hayley
    hmm thats really interesting just think they look lovely sort of like a rottie shep x they have one in the film marmaduke would love to see if any1 here owned one:)
  6. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I am sure we did have a member with one but dont know if they are still about???
  7. Luchi

Luchi New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I agree that they are beautiful dogs, I was interested in finding out more about them before I got Luchi, there are not many breeders in this country, and my two emails to a breeder here never received a response. They are very popular in France, were they originate, apparently beauceron and Briard seemed to evolve side by side for some time, were distinguished apart due to coat type. They were bred for the same function.

There was a lady who posted up a video of her Beaceron puppy a few months back on Dogsey (think they were in Belgium). Not sure if she has posted since though.

Here is the link to the thread, there is a little video.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?p=1995081
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
  8. gsd lover

gsd lover New Member

Name:
    hayley
    aww what a lovely girl thanx very much for the link :grin: its a shame there are not many breeders in the uk i would love one