Beautiful 3 Year Old Male Presa Canario Seeks Experienced Owners - Located in Indiana Rescue

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by debtherehomer, May 9, 2016.

1. debtherehomer

debtherehomer New Member

Name:
    Debbie Moore

Beautiful 3 Year Old Male Presa Canario Seeks Experienced Owners - Located in Indiana

Presa Canario For Adoption in Indiana 5.JPG http://findmypetahome.com/duke-2/

Healthy, handsome 3 year old male Presa Canario for adoption to experienced owners. Duke weights 125 pounds and is affectionate and well behaved with his owners. He has the typical personality trait of being very suspicious of strangers and protective of his family. He's an Alpha male with a tendency for aggression towards strange men. He is seeking a home with very experienced owners familiar with his breed. All supplies will be included.

Hi, My name is Duke!

From my gorgeous brindle coat to my majestic size, I am a very nice representation of the Presa Canario breed. I am a purebred dog, and have lived with my current owner since I was a puppy. I love my owner and his family very much. I am gentle, playful, loyal and very sweet. I love children.

Unfortunately, my owner, a young man, is having to move to an apartment. Of course, most apartments do not allow my breed, and a small apartment is not a good environment for a 125 pound guard dog. Typical for my breed, I have a strong tendency for guarding my owner and his family, and I am quite distrustful of strangers – particularly men. I have shown aggression towards men I do not know or feel comfortable with. This is not a behavior issue, but rather a very typical personality trait in my breed. We have been bred for centuries to guard livestock, hearth and home.

For these reasons, I am in desperate need of a loving new home right away. I really need to be placed in a home with people who can give me the strong guidance I need to understand that I am not in charge. A country home, farm or acreage would be ideal for me, but a suburban home with a large, securely fenced yard would be fine, too. People who understand and have experience with my breed are a must.

My owner loves me very much, and is heartbroken to have to make this very difficult decision. He realizes that this is not the time in his life to own a dog like me, and is dearly hoping to find me a wonderful home with people who are able to give me the care, companionship and firm handling that I need and deserve.

Here’s what my owners love most about me:

His beautiful eyes
    The way he carries himself. He’s a beautiful dog.
    He is good company
    The way he greets me after a long day at work

Please offer me a loving home today. If you have any questions about me, please call Debbie Moore toll free at 888 720-3322. If you would like to meet me, please fill out the form below:

REQUEST TO MEET DUKE HERE!
    http://findmypetahome.com/duke-2/

There is a $150 adoption/rehoming fee. All supplies will be included.

Presa Canario For Adoption in Indiana 5.JPG

Name of Pet: Duke
    Type of Pet: Dog
    Breed of Pet: Presa Canario
    Sex of Pet: Male
    Age of Pet: 3 yrs
    Spayed/Neutered?: No
    Health Problems: No
    Up To Date on Vaccinations: Yes
    Gets along with cats: Unknown
    Gets along with dogs: Yes
    Good with Children?: Yes
    House Broken or Litter Trained?: Yes
    Crate Trained?: Yes
    Accessories Included: leash, collars, harness, food & water dishes, ect.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Azz likes this.
    I'm in Springfield, OH. Have A lot of experience with Mastiffs and mastiffs breeds.

I would ask how is Duke with other Mastiff breeds, ie English Mastiffs, Dogue de Bordeaux, and Saint Bernards?

I would be very interested, but the issue would be you list him as a alpha dog, where as he would frequent these breeds. The DDB's are working lines and the 3 E.M's he would be around are all breed to be higher energy and for working.

How does he do with pups? As in Sept I'll be bringing home a Boerboel?
  4. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Also what paperwork do you have he is purebred as his head does not fit the classic shape?
    (It is to long and houndish)
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Azz likes this.
    WHOA - The AD says this dog has BITTEN 3 people and that the owner can't risk a lawsuit. He says the dog doesn't like adult males (people). This dog sounds dangerous. I have a feeling that is mostly why he's being given away. Also - those photos look like PUPPY photos.
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    LMost likes this.
    I agree about the photos looking like they are of a puppy.. I would also be concerned if the dog has bitten 3 people.
  7. Esa

Esa New Member

Name:
    Esa
    thatdoes not look like a presa more of a hound and sofloppy ears.
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    How did this dog stay 3 for 3 more years?
    He would be closer to 6.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is an old post Larry. They never responded to you, so I think he was probably rehomed back in 2016.