Bedlington Terriers any owners on the forum? General Chat

Discussion in 'Bedlington Terrier' started by SLB, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Aderynglas

Aderynglas New Member

Abbey,

How many dogs have you seen with CT in the last year?

How does this compare with problems in other breeds? for example heart problems in the various breeds?

It's well known that CT can be a problem in other breeds than the Bedlington, but Bedlington Terrier Breeders are the only people who have pushed for testing to be developed and used ;)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. rossi roo

rossi roo New Member

Name:
    petrina
    rossi is bedlington x whippet he is the most loving little dog has been so easy to train he was the velcro pup that grew into velcro dog lol he loves other dogs but can be very nervous with strangers only a problem if people insist on trying to stroke him he never growls just backs away he is fine if left alone to say hello in his own time i ask people to ignore him which always works we are totaly smitten with him i do have a pure bedlington terrier on my wish list :lol: but wouldent swop rossi for the world :grin:
  4. Kevin Colwill

Kevin Colwill New Member

Name:
    Kevin
    A key point not mentioned is that Kerries have a different coat texture to the other breeds mentioned. It is much finer and very much softer without any "linty" feel. It's rather like really well conditioned human hair! Also a good Kerry has less a curly coat than a wavey one, certainly not the dense curly Poodle coat or the harsher Schnauzer coat.

The couple of Bedlingtons I've known have a much more "linty", almost sticky feel to the coat. The texture is also rather harsher and more akin to a sheep's fleece.

And yes...they do tend to have have true terrier characters!
  5. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Someone asked me today if my 2 were Bedlingtons. Didn't mind as at least they are terriers and grey too, they didn't mention the dreaded "P"word breed of dog. :grin:
  6. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Azz likes this.
    Seems a bit daft replying to a post from 3 years back, but yes, there is another Beddie owner on here - Me. I have 3 with number 4 on it's way next month. At the moment I have baby, mother and grandmother, and next month I will have 4 generations of the same family, so I am thrilled. Super little dogs.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    As good an introduction as any Oldgal - though I see you've been with us for almost a year. Anyway, as I don't think we've met;

and Tweed.
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I look forward to seeing photos Jean :D Beddies are ultra cute :)
  9. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

Thanks Azz & Carole.
    Azz, I haven't got a clue how to put a photo on. The dogs (and me) would all be geriatrics before I figured that one out!
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    Took me ages to try it, as I'm a pc dumbo too! Just click on 'upload a file' and pull an image from your pc's photo files and drop it into the reply box. Scroll down to select 'Show full size' or you'll just get a thumbnail. Go on, try it, we won't laugh if you make a mistake.
  11. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hello and welcome.

I agree, they're super little dogs and I've never understood why there aren't more of them about.

Somehow I managed to get a photo on here and - seriously - if I can do it, anyone can!
  12. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    As Carole says, it's easy :D

I think you may even be able to drag a photo file straight into the reply box as well :lol:
  13. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

Well just messed that up for a start! See below . . .
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  14. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Azz likes this.

Attached Files:

15. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Well that's the best I can manage! If you want to see the picture in the above quote, I discovered if you click on the little square that says "image" it will open to show the picture.

Carole, couldn't see anywhere that said "show full size". There was no page where I could scroll down even.
  16. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    They are GORGEOUS! I want ... I want (Will you take a Shar-Pei and Miniature Schnauzer in part exchange)???
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What absolutely adorable wubbles! :007:

[​IMG]
  18. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    They are beautiful!
  19. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean
  20. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

Thankyou Janet, yes they are beautiful - scruffy and needing a haircut, but still beautiful.:)
  21. Oldgal

Oldgal New Member

Name:
    Jean

Sorry Pork1, but No. All beds full . :)