Belgian malinois Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Nabb_, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Nabb_

Nabb_ New Member

Name:
    Terell

Belgian malinois

HELLO! I have a question. Why is my 1 month and half puppy malinois have a big tummy? What remedy can i do? And at what month does the ear will erect? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Do you have another puppy now? In May you said you had a 15 week old puppy and asked if she was a pure bred Malinois or a cross, and the picture you posted showed her with her ears erect.

https://www.forum.breedia.com/threads/breed.19146/

Now you say you have a 1½ month old puppy Malinois and are asking about her big tummy and when to expect her ears to erect. Do you still have the first puppy?

Regarding the second, very young puppy and her big tummy, has she been wormed?
  4. Nabb_

Nabb_ New Member

Name:
    Terell
    I haven't yet deworm my pup and the other puppy that you're mentioning is a full grown dog about now.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This little fat belly belonged to a seven-week old pup who had had her first worming pill [no worms appeared even after she had been fully wormed] but her belly was fat as she had just been fed. Needless to say it went down as soon as she had digested her food.

However, I would suggest that you make sure your puppy is wormed as soon as possible in case she does have worms.

IMG_0410.JPG
  6. Johann's Dad

Johann's Dad New Member

Name:
    Nik
    Ears will erect soon.

Fat belly... Never ran into that with my Mals. They eat raw beef and lamb.

When I drink beer and eat pizza, my stomach bloats. So it stands to reason, if you are feeding carbohydrate-laden kibble... Your Mal's physique may not benefit from this.
  7. Nabb_

Nabb_ New Member

Name:
    Terell
    It will be noted. Thank you so much milka.
  8. Nabb_

Nabb_ New Member

Name:
    Terell
    Thank you mate just got curious since he's the first mal pup that i got that doesn't have erected ears thank you
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    I have fed complete feeds for many years with no problems ,my dogs always looked in good condition, and I don't believe that dogs who eat complete are unhealthy and don't live as long.

There are pros and cons in both methods, an unbalanced, poorly formulated raw diet can cause long term health problems.