Bischon Frise Introductions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by StGeorge1984, May 11, 2020.

1. StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984 New Member

Name:
    StGeorge1984

Bischon Frise

Hello all,

My name is Darren. New here.

The reason I have joined is my mum is looking for a new dog. She is set on a Bischon Frise. She has had some issues with very shady people. To the point she was literally on her way to Southampton today to look/collect a puppy but then found out it was 8 weeks and 4 days with no jabs, no chip and no registered vet. Other dealers are also quite shady where they are not able to provide pictures of mum and pup etc. It seems mum is more willing to vet these sellers than them her. Surely if you wanted to care for your pups you would be vetting the buyer.

What I am looking for is tried and tested breeders. Trustworthy. People wanting to vet my mum and not the other way around. Reputable breeders. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Darren
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    The trouble is that many responsible breeders have chosen not to breed during lockdown conditions, and the puppies already on the ground have been booked already.

You are right, the best way is to source a breeder first, and go onto their - or maybe a couple of - waiting lists. I would start looking with the Kennel Club Assured Breeder scheme. There is also the Breed Club breeder list - Google, Southern Bichon Frise Breeders Association, or, Bichon Frise Club of Great Britain. KC Assured breeders are inspected for care, conditions and record keeping. Breed Club breeders are not inspected, but have usually signed a Code of Ethics. Otherwise, check for a local authority licence holders number - by law a breeder should have one, but it is a new-ish law! A 5 star rating is excellent, but there are very good breeders who only have three stars due to rating technicalities.
    Hope this helps.
  4. StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984 New Member

Name:
    StGeorge1984
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you ever so much. We will get looking at those places. Thanks again.