Biting Bichon Questions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Dennis Dammling, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Dennis Dammling

Dennis Dammling New Member

Name:
    Denny

Biting Bichon

We just acquired a new AKC female Bichon puppy so that our 8-year-old Bichon male would have somebody to play with. We obtained the puppy when she was 8 weeks old. She is now 13 weeks old.

Since we got her, all she wants to do when picked up is to squirm and bite. Our noses and ears have tiny puppy bite holes in them. I understand that she could be teething but our other 2 Bichons were gentle at times.

The really sad part is that we have to keep her in a playpen because she will bite her brother. And her brother snaps back. We do not need a bloody puppy. They both want to play with each other and when we hold back both dogs the brother kisses the puppy.

Also, I am sure that the puppy is going stir crazy from being in the playpen. We work with her everyday to try to stop the biting and calm her down . We have had no luck. We are even contemplating getting a muzzle to be used when they play. Can someone help us? Is this just normal teething? Thank you.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. She's Adorable

She's Adorable New Member

Name:
    Greg
    Curious to hear what progress you have experienced. "Dora" is 15 months old, still biting...my wife and I. It has decreased though. We see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Attached Files: