Boerboel Pups - Lost Introductions

Discussion in 'Boerboel' started by Bootcher, May 12, 2016.

1. Bootcher

Bootcher New Member

Name:
    bryan mitchell

Boerboel Pups - Lost

Hi Breedia members forum its with heavy heart i post and looking for some explanation on the heavy puppie loss we have just experienced here with my 4 yr old boerboel Bootcher. She delivered total 12 pups and lost over 2 days 11 ????? So sad to have witnessed this and totally mythed, any feedback you may have to offer would be greatly appreciated for my own understanding. Left now with 1 survivor of which so far is doing well. Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, no knowledge of Bull breeds, but am sorry to hear of your loss. Are you having post-mortems done? If there are no lethal genetic conditions in your breed, I would suspect that Canine Herpes might be the most likely candidate. Think I would vaccinate against it if you decide to breed again.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Sorry for the lost of puppies, your vet will be the best place that can advise you on why you have lost so many puppies.
  5. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Very sorry to hear of your loss, best wishes for the remaining pup.
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Seek vet attention. It could very likely be caused by herpes.
  7. BoerboelMom

BoerboelMom New Member

Name:
    Ife
    Puppies are basically born without a working immune system and need their mother's milk to give them immunity. Weakness, low birth weight, loss of weight, failure to gain weight, decreased activity, poor appetite, constant vocalizations, straying away from the mother, diarrhea and low body temperature are all signs of Fading Puppy Syndrome. In most cases this is caused by a difficult birth, problems with milk production, injury to the mother or inadequate nutrition on the mother's end. Sometimes Fading Puppy Syndrome is caused by temperature extremes or poor sanitation. Rarely congenital defects or infection are to blame.
  8. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Um herpes is considered the leading cause of Fading Puppy Syndrome. Irregardless they need to seek vet assistance. There isn't much anyone here can do from the internet.