Border collie information wanted urgently. General Chat

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by bordercollie6, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bordercollie6

bordercollie6 New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    Cant say, having a pedigree and going through the lines and tracing ancestry does help in finding things out.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Benson2

Benson2 New Member

Name:
    Mike
    As a pet but I do lot of hiking, running & Mountain Biking so have always involved my dogs in the past hence the reason for collies. Will be looking to do agility/flyball too.

Went to see a five week old litter tonight and the parents were awesome dogs with lovely temperaments so may well go for one of them.

Someone else recommended the Farmers Guardian to me also and there seems to be some good litters in there.
  4. Lizz

Lizz New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I have an Astra Collie - Astra Sky a black and white boy and he is fine in all ways except he is my husbands dog and will ignore me if his daddy ain't around!

I have only had good dealing with janet and visited her on several occasions when getting my boy who was the last of the litter to leave his Mum

I also have a red and White farm boy and love them both

Janet has always been available to us when we have had any queries and can't comment on other folks issues
  5. neverassume

neverassume New Member

Name:
    bill
    All I know is that her web site says that ALL of her breeding pairs are hip scored and if you check out her web site she sells dogs that have been bred from parents without having been hip scored. Maybe she should amend that contridiction of wording to be less misleading. I wonder if any of her many dogs have experienced HD?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  6. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    The only dogs whose parents haven't been hip scored by the breeder are ones she has bought in from other breeders :roll: :roll: :roll: Another wooden spooner
  7. neverassume

neverassume New Member

Name:
    bill
    I believe if you check her website and look at her current litters you will find that the female Rozz (which has been bred 3 times I think) has not been hip scored?

"Hip Dysplasia
    Hip Dysplasia is becoming a recognized problem within some lines of Border Collies.

Our females and Males are screened for Hip Dysplasia as soon as possible.

All our puppies are guaranteed that they are sound to do the job which they are purchased for.

Our Stud Dogs are all hip scored or are from hip scored stock, or in some cases when using outside dogs we will generally only use those that are still working sound and agile at the age of nine years plus because it is not common within the ISDS members and handlers to examine and score hips."

This is not an outside dog from what I gather.
    http://www.sheepdogsforsale.com/PuppiesforsaleMIRKxRozz.html

I believe from reading the info that Rozz is owned by janet and has been bred before by her if I am not mistaken.

please correct me again if I am wrong? And if not apology accepted.

cheers
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  8. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    How do you know that Rozz isn't hip scored ? Have you contacted the BVA ? If you haven't then you have no proof that she isn't scored.

Just because the score isn't on the site doesn't mean that she isn't scored

The scores will not be in the KC's BRS as the dogs are not KC registered

So can you produce BVA evidence that she has not been scored ???

I have nothing to apologise for so no apology will be forthcoming
  9. neverassume

neverassume New Member

Name:
    bill
    As a matter of fact I did contact the BVA and she is not scored according to thier records.
  10. bordercollie6

bordercollie6 New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    Rozz was owned by janet then put up for sale and more then likely been bred from. Would be a miracle if she was not bred from.
  11. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    neverassume

Why are you pretending to be a man living in Scotland when you are a woman living in North America ?????
  12. bordercollie6

bordercollie6 New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    How do you know?
  13. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Wouldn't you like to know :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  14. bordercollie6

bordercollie6 New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    Yes i would like to know but why are you not being straight up and say and why have you put the twisted evil faces on-whats that all about.
    Is this just a game to you?
  15. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    It's for me to know & you to find out, as you seem to know everything I thought it would be obvious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  16. bordercollie6

bordercollie6 New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    You really are something else-quite sad really.
  17. Norway

Norway New Member

Name:
    Hege
    Hi

My name is Hege, and I live in Norway. Somebody told me about this discussion at Dogsey.

How is your female now, I wish you all the best for her !

I have 2 females out of Blue B. They are named Astra Rikky (Blue B x Rex) and Liz (Blue B x Rosewood Chez).

My homepage is not well updated all the way, but this is the links to my girls:

Links removed

I can tell you that there is 4 litters out of Blue B. Two litters at Janet's place, by Rex and Roy....and the two last litters by the new owner of Blue B, with the male called Chez. (Janet has told me that she is not the owner of Blu B nowadays, despite of the fact that she had a few puppies for sale lately, out of Blue B).

I have not heard of the article written by Hilary Jones. Did you say that this article was about "Briar" ? Do you know where I can read that article?

I can also tell you that I have bought 9 dogs from Janet's place. Some of them are from her typical Astra breed, and som are not.

Blue B is not a typical Astra breed dog, just to mention, and none of the males she has been put to !

Janet has treated med well all the way !

The dogs from her has been good sheepdog workers, healty and usually strong puppies. I have been at her place three times, in June this year was the last time.
    On behalf of Janet it's a litle sad to read all this in this forum. Some of the contribution in this forum seem to be justified on basis of unfounded rumours.

Janet do many tests on her dogs, and according to what I se other breeders do (ISDS dog breeders) she do many tests, DNA test for eyes, hipscores etc. All together I belive she wants to breed good dogs actually.

And, I am a breeder myselfe. And, I feel that I do the best I can to produce healty puppies, for sheepdog work. But, people, please, you can not predict in genes, even Janet can't.

Sometimes people speak to much, and people mean about things they don't know anything about, and people spread a rumor without knowing the whole story.

Anyway, please contact me if I can help.

There is no sign of epileptic on my Rikky or Liz, indeed they have another father then your female. And Rikky has also 14 offsping her in Norway, also they are healty so far. But, I know that this can come back in future generations. So I also want to know more about this "Briar".
    If there is factual knowledge about this "Briar" line, I also will stop breeding from this lines.

Best Regards from Hege Voldmo
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  18. bordercollie6

bordercollie6 New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    The Briar line is factual knowledge, if you want to e.mail me i do not have a problem with that.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  19. chizzy

chizzy New Member

Name:
    chizzy
    Was going to suggest you get in touch with a friend called Caroline...then read who sent the mail. How's she doing now?

Jackie
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  20. chizzy

chizzy New Member

Name:
    chizzy
    dead grown up Dyane :roll:
  21. chizzy

chizzy New Member

Name:
    chizzy
    Mike, can you mail me at [removed] please?

Jackie
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.