Border Collie or another breed - advice please? Questions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by Coples79, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    That's interesting! My four haven't taken to my son's border terrier puppy either! Fortunately they don't see him very often but their reactions range from looking straight through him to running away to telling him off!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Imana-Banana

Imana-Banana New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Looks like we have all been talking to ourselves here :lol: :lol: The OP seems to has disappeared :017:
  4. Julie

Julie New Member

Name:
    Julie
    Happens often when people don't get the answer they want.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Maybe the OP did not like any of the advice/suggestions? ;-)
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Not sure if this is too late to reply, but we have working sheepdogs (all are border collies which are working bred). I do not think any of these dogs would be happy with the lifestyle/activity you have described. I don't know much about show line collies though, so it might be worth speaking to some show breeders.

However, stay well away from working bred dogs. These dogs have been bred for generations to work sheep and it is what they excel at. If they aren't kept as working dogs (and plenty are not) they need to be given another job to do - whether that be agility, working trials etc.

Having said the above, if you are very keen on getting a collie then speak to your local border collie rescue who may have older collies in that are more suited to your circumstances.