Border Collie Discussions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Did you buy your pup with any papers? From a farm?

Any piccies??? :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. megan57collies

megan57collies New Member

Name:
    I'll have to see if you're paying attention one day and see if I can catch you out. :lol:
    Where are some new piccies by the way of your lovely dogs ? I demand to see more. please!!! Scotland a plus :grin:
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Happy to oblige, although you may have seen some of these already :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Another couple :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    have read the other thread and now i am confused:neutral:
    the chap we got him from actually said he had 2 testicals at 7 weeks old , when he went for a jab at 11 weeks the vet said he only had one and it was at this point i started to take an interest in them! and since 11 weeks he's only had one the one he has is on his right.
    from other thread
    so i am thinking maybe theres still time.
  7. megan57collies

Name:
    I would certainly pop him back to the vets to see if he can feel another one or not and if it shows signs of dropping. There has been quite a time since the first one came down.
    Don't panic but i would be guided by what your vet finds and if you are having him done anyway I would do it sooner rather than later.
  8. megan57collies

Name:
    Thanks for those Moobli. I feel much better now :)
  9. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    No papers not from a farm although mum and dad both working dogs..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Taken a couple of days ago!

I just didnt want to go ahead and have him have major sugery if there is still a chance the other might drop naturally.Thanks for your help.
  10. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    Stunning pictures moobli.
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Ooh he is gorgeous :grin: Did his parents work sheep?
  12. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    yeah his father has done the one man and his dog type competitions.
    He's coming on really well with his training I'm hoping to do obedience and agility with him.
  13. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Best of luck, he will love it. Who is his breeder?
  14. madmerle

madmerle New Member

Name:
    Alex
    edited coz I posted in the wrong place.
  15. madmerle

madmerle New Member

Name:
    Alex
    Excuse me, I have my dumb head on today lol.
  16. hayley.c

hayley.c New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    They are lovely, but they are deffinetly not blue merle, they are blue and white, lovely lovely dogs tho, i have a blue merle but i dont know how to upload a picture of him, could you help me!
  17. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    My pup has both his 'plums', and seems to be doing fine so I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't neuter after all? We were always planning to when we got a girl, and when we got Alfie the plans never really changed but I noticed a lot of people say not to bother unless there is a medical reason.

edit - hayley, if you go onto something like www.photobucket.com (you need to sign up though) or www.imageshack.us (no need to sign up), and you can upload onto those websites and copy and paste the url with the [​IMG] surrounding it. Other people cna probably explain better, I probably explained it wrong somewhere as well >.<
  18. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    The problem with waiting until there is medical cause is that it makes recovery far harder on the dog, they suffer during the occurence of that medical cause, and if the dog is elderly at that time, emergency surgery may not be possible at all...

The snip itself done as `routine` on a healthy younger dog is very straightforward and recovery is extremely fast.
    Mine are all done and any future ones will be as well, absolutely no hesitation whatsoever - I`d rather have it done when they are in good health than take risks later on and face losing them before their time or them suffering unnecessarily.

To give you an idea just how common male reproductive system related problems really are, have a look here :

[ I`ve copy/pasted one bit in particular - I did the red highlight - which is more than enough to make the case imo. The page itself details the many risks of directly related yet avoidable health problems faced by unsnipped male dogs - please do have a read and consider it ].

------------------------------------

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1625&articleid=911

"Fewer Prostate Problems: The most common medical problems eliminated in dogs neutered at an early age are those involving the prostate. Over 80% of all unneutered male dogs develop prostate disease. Prostate conditions such as benign enlargement, cysts, and infection are all related to the presence of testosterone."

-----------------------

Plenty of people can tell you ` oh there`s no need`, but personally I prefer to trust in factual veterinary information than just leave things to sheer luck ;-)
  19. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    Well that's it settled then, I'll get him done. We're going to take him to a ringcraft class, but I'm not sure if I'll like it and so I might not bother and get him done anyway.
  20. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    Just a local chap who owned his mother wanted another Bitch for himself, think it was his first litter.
  21. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Ahh I just wondered if he competed at sheepdog trials I might know his name.