Border Terrier bloodlines Questions

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by banji, Jul 31, 2009.

1. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara

Border Terrier bloodlines

have been thinking of buying a pair of border terriers for a while now and have researched them. was wondering whether anyone on here who has the experience knows what blood lines to avoid and which are the best.
    are there any blood lines that are free from cecs and other health defects in these dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well Ive owned them for 16yrs and havent had one with CECS and all have different lines. Considering there is no way of knowing if the disease is inherited or not, how it is passed on, or even if its food related, then you cannot know if a dog will get it! Its NOT confined to Borders, its the Border folk who are bothering to get something done for ALL dogs as CECS is CANINE not breed specific. You will find loads of info on CECS if you are worried about it, mostly Border sites as its those doing the research.

You would be welcome to meet my dogs if it helps you make the right choice in selecting a breed that will suit you. I would advise against buying two at the same time, especially if they are from the same litter. Any questions, just let me know, or if you would like me to put you in touch with any reputable breeders, just ask.
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Obviously you arent serious Banji, the exact same thing happened on your other thread about CECS, I offered all the help I could and you dismissed it with more questions then ignoring! Im not sure what you really want here, but I fear time is wasted.