Borzoi Freakout General Chat

Discussion in 'Borzoi' started by James Harvey, Jul 20, 2020.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey New Member

Name:
    James Harvey

Borzoi Freakout

Hello Everyone,

My name is James Harvey and I am an animal lover. I have a question. The other day I was at the dog park with my mixed breed Abby. She is friendly, athletic and loves to run. Chasing squirrels is one of her favorite past times. A man came in with his 10-month-old Borzoi. Curry was his name I think. Curry was super friendly with humans and animals. I fell in love with him right away. Anyhow Curry started getting frisky and running. A beautiful sight I might add. Abby and Curry started playing chase and looked like they were having a great time. One would chase the other and vice-versa. Here comes the bad part. Curry slipped trying to take a corner too fast. Curry immediately laid on his side and started what sounded to me like a death cry. He was yelping loudly like he was in severe pain. I thought he had broken a leg or dislocated a shoulder. He was not moving at all but just kept yelping. It was almost like he was having a seizure. I was freaking out. I looked for a broken leg but did not see anything. The owner told me not freak out as this had happened to Curry before. He said he had owned Borzois all his life and that they are prone to freaking out or over-reacting when they get hurt. I ran and got some water and the owner started to gently rub water on Curry's face. Eventually, after about five minutes of constant yelping and not moving, Curry seemed to start settling down. He started to open his eyes and decrease the volume and severity of his yelping. The owner then helped Curry to a sitting position. Curry was lifting his left paw. The paw did not appear to be broken or swollen. The owner then picked up Curry and took him to his car. My question is: Is this a common reaction you see in Borzois?

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!