Boston Terrier information please - especially health tests Health

Discussion in 'Boston Terrier' started by mac82, Sep 9, 2012.

1. mac82

mac82 New Member

Name:
    mac82

Boston Terrier information please - especially health tests

hello, we are researching boston terriers at the moment and are looking at hopefully being able to get her next summer. we think we have found the breeder, she was great totally passionate about health in particular the luxating patella and dna test for juvenile cataracts.
    is there anyone who has bostons on here and can tell me anything of which i might not already aware from my research? think they are an amazing breed and we have already had a brachycephalic dog so aware of issues we may encounter there too.
    many thanks :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    we are very very excited it will be my first puppy, we have had rehomes and rescues before now we have already been planning collars coats beds etc and its months off yet!!!!!:blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mac82

mac82 New Member

Name:
    mac82
    forgot to add i also want to raw feed, are there any requirements i need to take into consideration, have posted in the nutrition and diet section too but want all the advice i can get!!! :)
    we already raw feed our other 3 wondering if they are limited in their foo by jaw shape etc.?????
  4. mac82

mac82 New Member

Name:
    mac82
    *food by jaw shape
  5. Bettysmum

Bettysmum New Member

Name:
    Mel
    Hi there, we've had Miss Betty for six months now, she is the love of my life(!) we haven't had any health problems due to her breed as yet, but as with my other pooch she has health insurance. She has had a hairy cyst on her eye but that's a mutant cell that could happen with any breed and she is clear for the tests on juvenile cataract, etc. I would say go for it ASAP! :) Betty is a clown who loves (LOVES!!!) to play and is so affectionate, she makes me laugh every single day without fail. No problems with her eating, in fact for being so small she is the greediest dog I know so I have to be mindful of what she has, although she runs around so much that it shouldn't become a problem. You'll be aware if the snoring and snuffling? My goodness it can be so loud. I can hear her snoring at night even when she's downstairs and we are upstairs!

I love my Betty Piggles and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone. One thing I would warn you about though...your walks will be twice as long as everyone will stop you to say hello to your Boston! :-D

Good luck x