Boston Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Boston Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    Ruby looks like the living dead in those pics, damned funny.
    Quiet like Bostons myself, basically because they look quiet robust, strong & very proud. They seem to have similar colouring & markings to Bull Terriers. But I nearly choked when I saw the prices, I thought Bully`s were expensive but these put their price in the shade.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jules110

Jules110 New Member

Name:
    JULIEANNE
    I don't think Rubes looks like the living dead, I think she looks like the most beautiful, best loved, best companion any one would ever be likely to meet!!

They are a robust strong little dog, but really quite delicate too, they love playing ball with the kids but equally love cuddling up on the sofa.

You are right when you say they have similar marking and colouring's to a Bullie (I also have a Bullie), but that is where the comparison ends.

My Bullie is far too rough and clumsy to play with Ruby without meaning to my Bullie would probably squash Ruby.

As for the prices, they have gone up over the last few years, but take into account that a good breeder will have the tests done that are necessary for the breed, so personally I would rather buy from a reputable breeder, than save money and buy from a backstreet breeder.
  4. pinklizzy

pinklizzy New Member

Name:
    N/A
    I'm seriously thinking about getting a Boston terrier in the future, once my bank balance is big enough that is! I agree with the o.p, I think the price is a reflection of the necessary testing in the breed. I have a 'boston fund' which I put money into every month!
  5. Jules110

Jules110 New Member

Name:
    JULIEANNE
    Make sure you do your research first, and be careful who you buy from.

Above all remember, even with all the testing, you can still get health problems, Ruby is nearly blind now due to cataracts.

The price of Bostons has really risen over the last few years, so save fast : )
  6. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    We have the same tastes Shona, I love those two small breeds too!! (and pugs!):002: :mrgreen:
  7. LaBostonFrenChi

LaBostonFrenChi New Member

Name:
    Leah
    I LOVE Bostons! They are such a great breed! I have a 3 yr old male, Sonny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He heard something...
    [​IMG]

Sonny (with my female frenchie Stella, 4 months)
    [​IMG]