Bracco Italiano Discussions

Discussion in 'Bracco Italiano' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Bracco Italiano

Bracco Italiano
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Could I get the pros and cons from anyone who owns/works with/ knows Bracchi please? :) I have finally found an Irish breeder ( I have long been tossing up between Bracchi and Pointers), and I basically want more information on Bracchi as a dog to live with. Also, what does one look for in a breeder (specifically of Bracco Italiano - I have a pretty good knowledge of what I want from a breeder anyway - and what I hope they'd want from me as an owner - but I'm curious if there's anything Bracchi specific I should be looking for!)

Any help appreciated!

xx
  4. Pootle

Pootle New Member

Name:
    LESLEY
    Hi,
    I have an 8 yr old Bracco, I love her too bits,
    having had 4 weimaraners, Tia was easy!!
    Pootle as we Know her, was from a Sentling Litter

Training was hard but worth the work, she didn't like repitition.
    working instincts are very stong, as can the tracking instinct, they like having something to do and out on a walk there is always lots to do!!
    But the flip side to Poots,called Pootle coz she pootles around at home, will sunbathe till the cows come home, will sleep the clock round if it wasnt for walks and feedtimes!!

Poots would of also of made a good pat dog, haven't met a bracco yet with a bad temprament.

watch out for a syndrome found in some puppies of "bendy legs" too much exercise too early, they need lots of rest and sleep as puppies, was something we were made aware of when we went to see Poots
    Would I have another "Yes" without a doubt! even got a name picked for Him!!!!

Lesley
  5. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Thanks very much for your response! :D Havey ou any photos of Pootle I can drool over? :D

In my research I found out about the 'bendy legs' and I've also come across Sentling - who seem very sound breeders from what I could see! :)

PAT is something I'd love to get into, now I know they do that over here, so it's good to know that their temperament really is as impeccable as I've been lead to believe! :D

xx
  6. Pootle

Pootle New Member

Name:
    LESLEY
    Its been a long time since ive been on Dogsy forgot how to do the photo thing!!!:?

join the bracco Society, they were really good for information when I joined.

I like the size difference between the dogs and bitches, the girls look like girls and the boys look like boys, not something you see in every breed.

Poots likes to sit outside if its cold n watch the world go by, but will sleep anywhere its warm.

Gotta say they can be a bit wiffy! she smells far more than any Weimar ive had!!! No matter how often she has a bath
    Poots has always been a joy to take out any where and we often find kids will just stand and cuddle her and she just sits and takes it as part of a job she needs to do!:)

healthwise,gave us a scare around 2yrs, she has a grade 1 heart murmor, but you would never know its there, sometimes our vet cant find it!
    her skin is not great, she gets very itchy and if left when itchy she will chew herself.

the other down side is the fantastic memory they have, she wants something, like sweets left on the wall unit, she will nick them the next day at the first available oppertunity,you may forget them but she never will !!!:?

Lesley
  7. Nursey

Nursey New Member

Name:
    Nursey
    [​IMG]

My Grandpuppy Alfie. He's now 7 months old, but only 11 weeks in the picture.

Dawn R.