British Bulldog General Chat

Discussion in 'Bulldog' started by katie84, Oct 27, 2008.

1. katie84

katie84 New Member

Name:
    katie

British Bulldog

I've really taken a liking to these dogs, but £2000 to £2500 :shock:

I understand that sometimes they have to be delivered by 'C Section' but thats still a lot of money.

Again do these people do it for the love of the breed or the greed of the money???
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Im not sure.. tbh.

I think they have fairly small litters.. so if for example they have four in a litter.. the stud dog costs..??normaly the price of a pup?? but thats just going by my own breed.. so it could be £2000 for the stud.. then £400 to £800 for the c sec
    then the normal cost of rearing.. but I would say on a litter of 4 there would still be a good bit of profit left in that price.

I love French bulldogs.. they are quite pricey too. cant see me getting one in the near future.
  4. katie84

katie84 New Member

Name:
    katie
    Yeah...my OH also likes the British Bulldogs, and I actually bumped into one the other day adn he was so friendly and loving. I just did a little research on them but when I looked at the cost my eyes literally popped out. Like you say even after the cost of the stud and the c section, there still making a hell of a packet! Gutted.
  5. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    I'm not really sure why people breed bulldogs, i pressume it is for their characters and maybe they are adictive. I couldn't have one as i really don't agree with breeding dogs who have that many health problems and have great difficulty in being born normally....it just doesn't seem right or ethical to me.
  6. Bulldog1972

Bulldog1972 New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    Hi There

Have you ever looked at getting and olde tyme Bulldog.These are the better breed in the respect of health and fitness wise.Not saying they haven't got some of the British bulldogs problems but are generally a lot healther.My bulldog is still a loving gentle dog and is still gorgeous, but he hasn't got the stuffed in nose just a very short snout, he is able to go on slightly longer walks because he isn't going to suffer with his breathing as much as the british bulldog.
    I brought mine for so much less than that, and i still have an amazing looking Bulldog with a great temprement and loving dog,best ever dog i have ever had.

ps They love to sleep !!!!