Broadsamlee Labradors General Chat

Discussion in 'Labrador Retriever' started by TabithaJ, Apr 19, 2012.

1. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

Broadsamlee Labradors

A friend of mine is due to pick up a pup from this breeder in a few weeks. She phoned me this morning to ask for advice as she has a few concerns, which I won't detail here.

However, I said I would ask here as to whether any folk had any feedback on this breeder...?

If you would rather PM me, please feel very welcome to do so.

Many thanks indeed for any feedback :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Not heard of them personally.

I did Google them. They don't appear to to anything with their dogs (work/show/compete). Their dogs are mainly pet bred, although they also appear to have a couple of show types. The dogs all appear to be health tested which is good.

I wouldn't personally have a puppy from them but I'm sure they'll make fine pets.
  4. Lulusmum

Lulusmum New Member

Name:
    Jules
    I too Googled them. Agree that at least they are health tested, but I wouldn't buy a dog from them. Like Labradork I think they would be nice pets. Didn't check to see if they endorsed their pedigrees. Will have another look later.
  5. Jaeme

Jaeme New Member

Name:
    Jaeme
    Hi, I have noticed a few of these people's litters on *********.
    Yes they might be bred as pets but there's a few things that don't add up. Can't PM you details as I'm new so will just detail it here and risk being yelled at.

They've written on their ads that the dogs have 'average hipscores' when they've actually been over average, sometimes not much but they have a litter up right now where the Dam is 17/7.

There have been some posts (they're a couple of years old) on another forum that pretty much alluded to the owner suspecting they'd been provided with false hip scores and that there were problems with KC registration and getting the papers.
    Sire also seemed to have died at a very young age.

If your friend is feeling uneasy about it for any reason at all then she should request the deposit back if she's put it down and keep on searching for a breeder where she feels comfortable.

This kennel seems to be putting out a LOT of puppies, and this may sound mean but I'd also be concerned about a breeder who can't spell 'puppies' given the amount of litters they seem to have.

Kinda just screams puppy farm when you dig into it a bit more.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
  6. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

Thank you very much, good points!