BUA- The British Utonagan Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by alady??, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes the ones that were always private Tazer, you know the ones I hacked!:mrgreen: Still cant believe she thinks Sandra is telling the truth, but you wouldnt expect a friend to lie to you, would you? Still awaiting my apology too.;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I must say I don't see the wolf look, in any of the dogs , they are cute puppies though xx
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  4. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Yes

The dogs chosen are for their temperament and they are mixed with dogs that compliment this, all breeds generally change as they mature and anyone who would buy a GSD, Mal or Husky can certainly deal with these, or should be able to and be fully aware of the traits, sadly breeders in all these breeds do not make buyers aware WE DO!!! the owners are told what we expect and also the worse case scenario and pups are never homed with people of little experience. As fo the breeders you visited BUA has NO accredited breeders in this area, and maybe you should have contacted breed clubs to put you in the right direction of ethical breeders?

No its percents of Ute, to GSD, Husky and Mal, very little of the latter, it is not a cake mix it is the mix of genes and breeds, and with the amount of crosses already out there its pretty easy to see what to expewct even from the untrained person

:075: Are you NUTS??? please go find out about this, you are completely wrong, until this year we where tested with microchip nos, pedigrees have ONLY just started doing this. And the last tests the registration docs where stamped again this is as we are not a KC breed, and absolutely ludicrous of you to think we have made them up?? yes right we made up the folds ???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No dog with aggresive tendancies is ever used for breeding in BUA we are very strict re this?

Well I havent and no-one seems to be able to show me, as far as I am concerned they where password protected the 2 Dawn mentioned the rest are on our open forum...
  5. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    As you requested, I PM'd you with the info about 20 minutes ago.
  6. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz

I think you maybe waiting a while...Satan's going to have a lot of dogsey members in his ski resort lol.

Oh, and before I'm accused of it as well, I didn't hack into her account either for 2 simple reasons:

1. I didn't need to, to find what I wanted.
    2. If I was any good at hacking, I'd be hacking things far more interesting than a couple of eye certs.
  7. Luke

Luke New Member

to the statements in response to me, I reserve comment and shan't do name dropping either publically or by pm but some I went to see are classed as "big" breeders within the breed, "respected" was a term thrown around..and I wasn't impressed, at all. Some others were adverts which are out there for the public. And also to the statement highlighted, to me the concept of this society you're speaking on behalf of supposing to be about the creation and furthering of a new breed holding the view of "its fine to mess around crossing this n that, and we judge this by other crosses out there as to what they become" rather than generations of selective breeding to breed the healthiest and soundest dogs rather than crossing a few, having too many litters n deeming them as a breed when whether ute/n.i/anything like this all seem to lack any common looks! Even within the same litter in some cases!
  8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Nuts proberly! The two i saw were not stamped..and i had dogs tested last year that had a vets stamp on the cert, also done by micro chip number! :mrgreen: what are you going on about, where have i said you made up folds??

btw - may just be me, but i have some trouble understanding what the hell you waffle on about.
  9. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I have tried to read most of this thread but forgive me if I have missed the answers to these questions in amongst all the info given.

Is the present breed standard for the dogs you are breeding presently or for the breed as you hope it will become?

Also have you a definative plan of how you are going to progress the breed and a time limit for you to achieve your aim or is it more 'suck it and see'?

If this doesnt work as you plan it to, will you at any point admit defeat or will a new plan be formulated?

Thanks in advance :)
  10. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H

I am not quite sure why this was directed towards me....

I was agreeing with what Luke was mentioning about the cocktail of breeds you are playing with you have a huge potential fro disaster and certainly not an 'easy' family pet.
    The fact these breed traits can come out later in life (ie after the pups have gone to their new homes at 8/10/12 weeks) the owners will not be aware of the possibly issue they are going to be facing......
  11. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yes it does!!! Please tell me why they are involved with utes!!
  12. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I think the whole breeding of these dogs is ethically challenged, there are not enough homes in the uk for normal happy family pets, let alone cross breeds of challenging breeds. What happens if a owner can't cope, why are so many cross breeds being bred? We are already drowing in dogs, why on earth are people breeding dogs aiming for a fantasy look (which imo they are no where near!) and a fantasy temperment?

So far I fail to see a real reason why these types of 'breeds' are being bred, let alone over bred. If someone cant find their ideal breed and breeder, I'll bet you can find your ideal dog elsewhere, but then that wouldn't make so much money, and fool so many new owners would it...

Oh and I was talking to someone the other day who said that the GSD breed as a whole looked wolfy so some people unfornatly would probally say that every 'wolf lookalike' does look like one, whether they do or not...
  13. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    There are no Big Breeders in our breed?? I didnt say that we judged them by that did I , I was pointing out to my fellow posters how they could do some research themselves on teh crossing of the breeds by the amount they say they have met, we are selcting the best stock and breeding very carefully, and as I said before we have 2 - 3 litters a YEAR !

Feelings mutual. :102:

The present breed standard is what we aspire to, and all info on all the ins and outs about our plans and time scales are on our own forum and will be on the web - site soon. And I certainly dont think it would be a good idea to have a "suck it and see" attitude with something so important. I dont see any reason that we wont succeed it is just a matter of how long it will take as we are taking it slowly and being very frugal.

Why cant beleive we actually told the truth when we said we have researched the lines we wish to use.

I could say the exact same for any breed of dog....and I havent made any money??
  14. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz

They aren't, not directly.
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    the truth? do the breeders that hold that affix know 'the truth'
  16. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Me too, I could think of a few things Id rather look to find.:mrgreen:

What? You have had links posted to pictures in the "protected" album, you cant "choose" which are and which are not public, I cant see where anyway, can you show me? You refuse to believe, but I can understand your bitter disappointment, Id be horrified if I were you, a friends trust ought to mean a lot.
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    What are you saying here alady?

are you using dogs from that line, with the breeders (affix owners) permission?

Cos if not then I would be very careful about throwing affixes around and veiled claims they are involved:002:
  19. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    But from what I said, this isn't a breed, its a type. Established breeds have a lot more set personality, and look a lot more like they are meant to, they aren't being bred to look like a wild animal, they are being bred for things that are a lot more releastic, breeders don't say that their breeds will look like champions, but a husky will look like a husky, a ute does not look like a wolf, and can't be said to by breeders, thats false advertising. I'm tempted to buy one just to take the breeder up on false advertising when my dog that I was told will look like a wolf doesn't.
  20. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    There are so many established breeds out there already. Why do these wolf look alike breeders have to keep dabbling with dogs to create another type. And while all this messing with the breeding of these dogs goes on, dogs are suffering, owners are suffering because they are buying pups that once they get to 18 months or so they are not the dogs they thought they were getting. At least when someone gets a mongrel they know they have no idea what the dog is going to be like when it gets to be an adult, it's a risk they are willing to take. But these people are breeding these dogs and charging hundreds of pounds for the puppies that are just crossbreeds or mongrels depending how many mixes has gone into them.: Stop trying to play god with an animals life for goodness sake.:evil:
  21. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Originally Posted by alady??
    , the Utes didnt have a lot By would never be put to Mal or Husky as she is a bolshy mare whereas some softer natured Utes could do with a bit more oomf...

Does that mean you will use your "bolshy mare" at some point in your breeding programme???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.