BUA- The British Utonagan Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by alady??, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Well I appreciate you not jumping down my throat, but Im from the old school and remember the NIS and the things said about the UTE's so forgive me for being less forgiving.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    gsd's also have inteligent and clever natures,as do alot of breeds hmmm....
  5. lainyb

lainyb New Member

Name:
    elaine
    no probs Luz, :lol: :lol:

I've had the collie x comments about ma dog as well, but its like water off a ducks back......

Im not calling you a liar regarding what the NIS said about the ute, but isnt everyone entitled to change their opinions:?:
  6. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S

I asked this earlier, is this one the N.I intended in to be used in the programme.

Have to agree with everything Linda said, but she writes it so much better than myself. I left the TUA for the very same reasons,on paper it seemed like a good plan, but the reality of it, and how it was going to be achieved in an ethical way was not something I was happy with. There are just too many things can go wrong.

I also can't see any decent breeder of Sibes, Mal and GSD, willing to let you use their dogs. Surely it will do them no favours in their own breeds?

To create a new breed is a huge undertaking, and costly I should think, plus you are responsible for all these crosses being bred, and making sure they don't end up in the mess they are in at the moment, how are you going to be able to keep track of all the dogs that will be needed? .
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks. Any litters had problems? The link with the results on has no litter screens at all, yet many litters have been bred.
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Can I ask the above question again please.
  9. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Of course.

May I ask if your the same Lainy that a NIS committee member rang me about that was in trouble with her dogs being taken away and the society turning their backs on her?
  10. lainyb

lainyb New Member

Name:
    elaine
    Now that one is a new one on me:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: I have one old border collie Sam with i got as a rescue over 8 years ago he is now 15/16 years old and a 16 month old ute Kayno, so havent a scooby who you are meaning there?

Im not connected in anyway with the NIS at present other than having made a few friends at our joint shows.

I hope to in the future own an NI but at present are more than happy with ma mental ute
  11. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    if i was going to reintroduce some ped breeds, id def use BSD (tervs & Gronnies) rather thann GSDs. they are much more wolfie!
  12. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Okay not you then.
    I do have to say in my honest opinion and I love dogs and dont think what is said elsewhere on this forum is in judgement of what I say next but I judged at a NIS show and some dogs actually made my eyes water they had so much love in their eyes.

I kissed one on the nose (not very judge like) but it was just a fun showing bit.

However I would like to ask why the two societies think its ethical to bring the NI & Ute together? Is it to bring a new 'line' in or is it to bring the collie into the NI? I really am struggling to understand.
    Thanks if you reply.
  13. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    I told my boy to shut his ears and eyes and pretend we didn't read that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    you could start your own, Irish Inutes
  15. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    OMG another new breed :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    phew!!! lol ;-) :)

mind u those czech army bred gsd's wow for wolfie (but shhhh,too 'driven' anyway ;-))
  17. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    How many more times are we going to hear the same old same old "we are going to start a new breeding programme"? What it means is another lot of crossbreed pups being born. Crosses of crosses with no name.:-( How on earth are these breeders going to stop people breeding from the offspring of these new crosses. Are they going to follow them around for the next few years to make sure they are not bred from? I think not. What really is stopping them from breeding their dogs, if it's just they won't be able to register them so what they will only be crossbreed dogs anyway. How many more names are we going to see, NI, Utes, British Utes, British Inuits, Tamaskans etc. etc. the list goes on and on. :roll:
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Bump!:):grin:
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    We will see as many names as it takes, as a "crossbreed" doesnt demand the same price.:002:
  20. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Good post...and i agree 100% But im afraid there will never be an end to it all...Owners will continue to be fooled and breeders will keep laughing the whole way to the bank...what can be done? Nothing until new owners realise their being 'mugged' in pure day light :roll:
  21. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    My son has a Lurcher bitch she is beautiful so if we use my Cav on her and call them Cavalurches what do you reckon we could charge for the pups Dawn? :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.