Bulldog with bad breathing. Health

Discussion in 'Bulldog' started by chopperheys, Jun 20, 2012.

1. chopperheys

chopperheys New Member

Name:
    Philip

Bulldog with bad breathing.

I have 5 English Bulldogs but 1 of them has terrible breathing. If he plays for 5/10 minutes or walks for around 300-400 metres, he is absolutely knackered, making wheezing noises and coughing up thick white saliva. Now I'm aware that they're bad breathers but my other 4 can do so much more before they start to suffer, and this lad can basically do nothing and suffer. Is there anything I can do to improve his breathing?

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    your dog may have an,over ilongated,pallet.most do.your dogs may be longer than aveage,for a bull dog.?
  4. chopperheys

chopperheys New Member

Name:
    Philip
    I've just read up on it and it could well be that. Next time he's in the vets I'll mention it to her. It would be nice to be able to play with him for more than 5 minutes, and walk him with the other dogs rather than just up and down the road,

Thanks
  5. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    iv worked with a few,although there a powerfull breed,they are so sensitive and prone to lots of conditions,stunning dogs.the last guy who ws here for a little traing, could not climb my stairs and was on the verge of a bad cherry eye.he is all fixed up now.other than the typical snorting and sneesing!!!good luck with your dog.the vet is good idea,respectfully.