Cairn Terriers - anyone else own these fearless little dogs? General Chat

Discussion in 'Cairn Terrier' started by ticketyboo, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ticketyboo

ticketyboo New Member

Name:
    Dorothy

Cairn Terriers - anyone else own these fearless little dogs?

Does anyone else own these fearless little dogs?...I have two who keep me on my toes....I like to think I have them trained to a high standard in obedience, but there's always that odd occasion when they pretend they're deaf and ignore my commands...this is usually if they catch sight of a squirrel. One of my dogs has been known to run up a tree after a squirrel and I've had to persuade her to jump down so that I can catch her, as she's too scared to come back down of her own accord..:roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. looby-loo

looby-loo New Member

I don't own one but I think they are fantastic little dogs. I would love to own one in the future.

Your two sound like a cracking pair. any pics?:lol:
  4. ticketyboo

ticketyboo New Member

Name:
    Dorothy
    Here they are....my two scallywags :lol:

[​IMG]
  5. looby-loo

looby-loo New Member

They look fab. I love the darker colour. Do they take a lot of grooming? :grin:
  6. Tori

Tori New Member

Name:
    tori
    Hi I own one cheeky little Cairn called Harvey. I love thier characters so much, he makes me laugh all the time with his antics. Here's a pic
    [​IMG]
  7. ticketyboo

ticketyboo New Member

Name:
    Dorothy
    He's lovely Tori:grin:

In answer to your question Looby-loo...no they don't take a lot of grooming because they don't moult (at least mine don't)...they do have to be stripped about every six months though to keep their coats in pristine condition....I just give them a quick going over with the brush each morning and that's it for the day.
  8. ticketyboo

ticketyboo New Member

Name:
    Dorothy
    Here they are again watching my son train one of his horses in the paddock....they get on wonderfully well with all the horses.

[​IMG]
  9. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    I love cairns. Don't own one but grew up with them. Lovely little dogs who, like many terriers, are a big dog in a small body :)

Oh and yes, the selective hearing rings some bells ;)

lovely pics!
  10. Teal'c

Teal'c New Member

Name:
    DC
    I don't own one yet but they are definitly on one day I'll own list :grin: my friend has one, a totally adore little bitch called Tilly she is sooooo pretty and sweet, also very clever and fast I'd love to get one to do agility with bet they would give the mini poodles a run for their money :mrgreen:
  11. Tori

Tori New Member

Name:
    tori
    great pics of your cuties ticketyboo.
    Teal'c they probably would do very well in agility as they are easy to train and very clever.:grin:
  12. ticketyboo

ticketyboo New Member

Name:
    Dorothy
    You're right Tori as they're so quick to learn ....My daughter trains her border Collies for Agility Shows and my two Cairns love to do some of the same tricks in my garden- especially the weave poles.