Calling all Blue merle's :) Photos

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by 4dogsandababy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    :grin: he he im never sure what to call her (she lovely what ever ) ill have a look at that :mrgreen: thank you ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Teal'c

Teal'c New Member

Name:
    DC
    In my completely unbiased opionion I agree :mini: she is just lushy, I love all BC colours its amazing how the colour coat genes act and are expressed :mrgreen: But then I am a bit of nerd when it comes to science stuff :blush: LOL
  4. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    he he just had a look on that site :grin: tiz brill ;-) i saw couple that are very willow looking , they are stunning . they do seem to have a blue merle look about them ,some of them do ,but can see how it works now:? . most people we meet on are travels ,who have lots of border collies over the years ,say she is a beauty has blue merle in her dosnt she :roll: which is where i got it from originally :lol: :mrgreen:
  5. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    ticking makes more of a "roan " look, rather than a "Merle "look,

Also in a merle the merle is on the "coloured" patches & not on the "white" patches, if this makes sense!!! Thjats the best way i can explain it.

Merle is "white" hairs on colour & ticking is dark hair or mini spots/ freckles the white hair.
  6. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    What agreat thread.

I know Fudge is not a merle and we were told she was a collie cross but what colouring would you say she was? Her darker patches are made up of a lighter colour hair witha dark tip yet she has very light sable coloured areas too?

Sorry for going off topic but you all seem so very knowledgable and I have wondered since we got her.
  7. collies09

collies09 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    your two are beautiful - thanks for sharing the pics, we are really looking forward to ours being big enough for adventures!
    although obviously enjoying the puppy phases too :grin:

we chose the name after Bob Dylan, and his brother is called Cash after Johnny Cash ;-)

Jo
  8. collies09

collies09 New Member

Name:
    Jo

Thanks for the links and info!
    Thats really interesting because i had assumed Blue Merle was a recessive gene.
    I now know Dylan is a def a Blue Merle (his dad was a lylac merle), and his brother Cash is Seal and white (not B+W) - it all makes sense! :grin:

Jo
  9. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    hello jo :grin:

thank you ;-) we love them to bits ,we did think of bob dylan and dylan thomas (thought if it was good enough for them :lol: i love the name )was in shop the other day and a lady called her son dylan :lol: brought a smile to my face

[​IMG]
  10. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    fudge the COLLIE!!! is a shaded sable ( heavily white Factored)
  11. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Thanks Mish, now that sounds very exotic!!!

I just feel like I am not telling the truth if I say collie as we have no evidence!
  12. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

THey do sound exotic dont they, something you can say to people who say merle :lol:

I would say you have all or most collie there, people tend to say collie cross if it isnt a recognised colour, we have a woman here with a stunning white heavy ticked blue eyed collie - but she believes she is a collie cross cos her colours are wrong
  13. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish

if it looks like a rose, smells like a rose etc etc!

Call her a WS then, thats what she would be on the Activites register
  14. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    wow they're all stunning, dylan is sweet collies09

Rach, I agree with Mish, i've always thought Fudge looked like a sable mis-mark (ie not classic markings) - she's stunning! I'd call her a WSD if she was mine x
  15. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I had forgotten all about that "Colliecorner" site - I got a bit of a surprise when I clicked the link and saw my late Snorri-dog there...........10 rows down 2nd in from the left...............

Snorri
  16. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Sirens Mum produced 7 grubs last thursday 1 blue and white and 6 merles! 5 Dilute blue merles and 1 black blue merle....if that makes sense.
  17. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    aww hope you can get us pics when they're a little older!
  18. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    You can have a picture now.....
    [​IMG]
  19. Teal'c

Teal'c New Member

Name:
    DC

Awww lovely photo the dilute merles are classed as Slate merles and other your right is a blue merle :grin: I have huge soft spot for solid blue and whites :mrgreen:
  20. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    o now take them away :shock: :lol: :lol: ( i would love another one ):lol: :lol:
  21. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    [​IMG]

Oh well, here he is again! I've only just joined the ranks of the blue merle owners since this thread started!

I'm gonna have to take some more of my little Thorgeir, as he misbehaves his way through early life!

Snorri