Calling all staffy owners, when do they calm down??? Behaviour

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Adele4dan, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele

Calling all staffy owners, when do they calm down???

Ok all you staffy owners, when did yours calm down?? Greg is 7 months and I still expect him to be crazy at the mo obviously he is still a pup, but a friend says hers didnt calm down until he was 3 yrs!
    Im not sure I can keep up for that long:grin: !

Ps. Il define crazy... Never stops running around, is never tired, always excited to see other dogs,always wants to charge at anyone that gives him attention to give them a big kiss,eats all his dinner everytime v. quickly (then get hiccups), Even get excited at the vets! etc etc...:grin: :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ray

Ray New Member

Name:
    Ray
    A staffie owner told me, that the first ten years are the worst
  4. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    :lol: Yep that sounds about right I have 3 of the crazy critters at home

Still waiting for the day they all grow up and calm down, but it just ain't happening :grin:
  5. Zetacharlie

Zetacharlie New Member

Name:
    Cath
    heh its not just staffies- u gotta terrier- well i gotta jack russell- terriers never grow up-sorry but "calm down" isnt an option for at least 10 years;-)
  6. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    I have one of 6, and one of 2 yrs, and they both constantly bounce and jump about.....So my guess is they never stop!:roll: :grin:
  7. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Same here, Tia will be 5 in december and she acts like a pup. :lol:

Enjoy its the best part of owning a staffie :lol:
  8. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    :grin: Yep ditto the answers above. Ossie is as mad as a march hare.From waking up in the morning til bedding down at night,he is into everything and anything.
  9. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    Missy is 2 and just had surgery on her leg last Friday. She just figured out today that she can bounce round the room on 3 legs, AND still chase her tail !:lol:. I reckon they only calm down when they get old. Enjoy:lol: ! That's the Staffie character through and through !
  10. bens mum

bens mum New Member

Name:
    cathy
    my neighbours dog is 10 and hes still silly:shock: so your in for a long haul
  11. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    I love it really:grin: ! Im gonna need lots and lots of coffee I think, for keeping up!
  12. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

they dont !!!!

ever ....

ever
  13. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    When I read the title of your post I imagined lots of Staffie owners shouting "Never" at their screens:lol:

Is there such a thing as a calm Staffie? LOL:lol:
  14. Buster & Bella

Buster & Bella New Member

Name:
    Alana
    my boy is cross ridgeback but is a mad en and he is nearly 2!
  15. bluemurphy

bluemurphy

NEVER ! My clyde is 15 with bad shoulders and he`s still nuts (just slower).
    He makes me feel bad coz I have to stop him from going forever and ever and ever and .............. you get the picture.:lol: :shock:
  16. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    I own a dalmatian of 13 months, and though people don't realise it, they are in fact terriers!

They are just as mad as staffies so I can tell you, if staffies are like dallies, they don't calm down you just learn to cope!

Eventually he'll turn you as mad as he is!

Insanity is something you inherit from your staffie!
  17. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    The only time Staffies are calm is when they are sound asleep :lol::lol::lol:
  18. stella

stella New Member

Name:
    esther
    stella is nearly 6 now and she doesnt even look a bit like starting to calm down :shock:
    but i like it she has funny moments lol:lol:
  19. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    A calm Staffie,No,or i have yet to meet one lol:lol: :lol:
  20. Vikvak

Vikvak New Member

Name:
    Vikki
    NEVER lol

my girl is 7 and people think she is 1! the grey is starting to show now. :smile:

now Dylan my mum's boy never seems to be that giddy he is just sooooooo laid back.
  21. xxPoppyxx

xxPoppyxx New Member

Name:
    Poppy
    I have a year old staffie and always thought he calm down in a few years but on meeting a nine year old staffie yesterday who ran around like a young pup keeping up with my dog I realised its never going happen!But thats great its like having an over grown puppy running around though I did get a fright this morning when bruno was lying at the bottom of the garden on his back with his eyes shut I thought he was dead because hes normally running round and round then garden!He was just having a nap in the sun thankfully and was really annoyed at me charging out through the door at him :)