Calling all staffy owners, when do they calm down??? Behaviour

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Adele4dan, Aug 22, 2006.

1. TonyH

TonyH New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    Hi,
    my zeus is 2yrs old and have been told some just never calm down. Its a sobering thought but i wouldnthave him any other way
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tartan1314

tartan1314 New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Gabby my two year old staffy has calmed down a bit... well to the extent that she doesn't wreck the house anymore when left for more than 5 minutes. She managed to wreck the sofa, various bits of the kitchen and a bit on my pool table. Now I can leave her in the kitchen whilst I am out and no damage. Cross fingers that's her safe now!! She stlll has her mad periods each day when she races round and round the house tho!!
  4. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I think Diesel must be something else in a staffy overcoat, he's just turned 1 and is actually a pretty calm dog at all times. I've cured him of jumping up at everyone, he now waits to be greeted. I've sorted out that constant staffy licking, he now waits to be asked for a kiss. He's never destroyed anything in the house and gets on great with other dogs. He's full of energy when out in the woods but then so are the rest of them. When he's at home he's quiet and calm. He looks like a staffy, his papers say he's a staffy but is he really a staffy or just pretending :lol:
  5. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Really glad to hear that there can be such a thing as a calm staffy! I pick up my first ever staff on friday. I am an experienced trainer and we start puppy classes in two weeks time, so she will still be tiny. I am hoping that we will have a well behaved dog in .................in, errr maybe two years time!!:lol:
  6. angel 02

angel 02 New Member

Name:
    karen
    hello every one im new on here :) would just like to give you some hope i have a staffie angel she is 14 months old and has really calmed down and right now is laying on the sofa sleeping with my son who is 16 months, :) x
  7. lore

lore New Member

Name:
    Lorraine
    The quick answer as everyone else has said is NEVER. My father in laws dog was trying to get me to play with what was left of her squeaky the week before she passed on. She was 14!

Our boy is 13 months old and completely nuts, especially if he has had a walk, does anyone elses staff do the mad gallop round the house after a walk. Dougal goes NUTS, he races to the window, touches something, then runs to the other end of the living room. Thank gods we don't have laminate flooring, I have images of a staffy shaped hole appearing in the walls....