Cane Corso obsessed with wife Questions

Discussion in 'Cane Corso' started by SJGS, Aug 24, 2019.

1. SJGS

SJGS New Member

Name:
    Sam

Cane Corso obsessed with wife

Hi, I got my cane Corso puppy, Enzo, at 8 weeks of age and he is now nearly 2 years old. I work from home so I spend most of the day with Enzo and he spends the majority of the day laying in his crate or by the door that enters the house from the garage (waiting for my wife to get home).

Enzo seems extremely lazy and possibly sad throughout the day until my wife comes home and then he becomes extremely excited. When my wife is home he is like her shadow. He follows her everywhere she goes and pretty much ignores me. I'm confused because I do all of his obedience training and take him on all his daily walks. He is extremely obedient for me but still tends to be best friends with my wife, which I admit is a bit annoying considering how much time I spend with him.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get my dog to start showing a bit more interest in spending time with me when my wife is around?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    - Sam
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Who feeds Enzo?
  4. SJGS

SJGS New Member

Name:
    Sam
    CaroleC likes this.
    My wife feeds him in the morning and I do in the evenings.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    You are freely available to him so he doesn't have to impress you :)

Does he like to play? If so, you can probably turn his attention onto you with a good game.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Chris B and CaroleC like this.
    It's not unusual for dogs to, have their "special" person, Heiko is a real daddy’s boy and sticks to him like Velcro, although he is responsive to the both of us ,his heart is still ultimately with his dad despite the fact that I have actually spent more time with him.

As long as he listens to you and does what you ask of him without much of an issue, I wouldn't worry about it.
  7. Mikecorso4life

Mikecorso4life New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Dogs are very unique.. is she in any danger? They also tend to bond to the most vulnerable one in the house.. how is her health? Dogs know these things. I have a 9 month old cane corso female and she does the same thing with my 12 year old son.. he has some health issues with his stomach and i believe she knows it and is just by his side because of it.. that could all be superstitious but it sounds good lol..