Catahoula Leopard Dogs in the UK General Chat

Discussion in 'Catahoula Leopard Dog' started by katkins, Mar 26, 2011.

1. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    You're welcome.

It isn't a you-tube video, it's on my phone..

The change is, when they are Leopard color, they can have glass eyes, but the sire to Rose, is a black dog with white marking on chest and legs and he has 1 brown and 1 glass eye. It depends on the colors.. I think the pups will be average size, not too heavy like the once I posted, but defanately NOT small. I think like Apollo and Rose them self. Apollo is now ca 35 kilo and 63-64 cm.

Can I link my website?? Lots of pictures and info about health..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    I am uplaoding it rig now.. will be ready in a while..it isn't the best quality, it is filmed with my cell phone, but you can see Apollo in the beginning, with his brother Ardamir. He is wow also..has a brown and blue eye!
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Can you put the video on youtube or photobucket please? Would love to see it :mrgreen:

I have seen your website as it was in one of your other posts :)

We will be adding a Directory soon where you'll be able to add your website and then include the listing ID in your profile :D (We don't allow link-dropping in threads though sorry - as it just attracts spammers to join up to advertise their sites).

Did you say this litter is in the UK? How much do the pups usually go for?

I would seriously consider one (after lots more research of course!) just not sure if the time is right for me yet :/
  5. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    Really don't know where i can find YT tag.. :?

If you look at YT and find amyentroy01 you will find zillion videos of our dogs..also when they are tested on Cattle and wild pigs..
  6. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    This litter will be born in the UK. The female Rose will be bred to Apollo. waitlist is on 5 people now, but depending on suitable people, not picked to people who where first on the list. If a person is more suitable than another, but later on the list, they might have the pup before the people who where first on the list.... In 2 years there will be another litter, with the pup she got from our 2e litter..if all health test results are perfect off course. We will also collecting and store semen of our male Troy, to breed to Rose in the future also. I think she will only have 2 litters..if she recoves perfect from the 1st off course.

Pups will go between around €1200 I think. Maybe a bit less, but thats up to the breeder. Defanately not more! First 2 picks are for the breeder adn owner of the sire.
  7. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Thanks for the info Danielle.

I was very lucky to have pick of the litter with Rocky, though tbh, he picked me! And I would probably look for the same again if I'm honest - we had an unbreakable bond and I firmly believe it was because he picked us.

I still remember it clearly, all the other pups were interested in playing but he kept on coming to me, running off then coming back - I fell in love straight away and there's no way I could have picked another.

When is the litter due? You have my email so please keep me updated - I really don't know what I'm doing yet but I never say never! :lol:

What are they like with other dogs btw? And in the house? Are they guardy? Territorial? Could you leave one home and not have to worry so much about it getting stolen?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  8. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    The female will come into heat around March. Good in the house if trained well and exersized enough ( crate training is an option) With other dogs okay, when socialized well ( normal for more breeds), Yes, guardy, can be territorial but also very people minded, No, no body will steal it.. I experienced it my self with leaving 2 in the car, open door, people looked and talked to the..they changed 100% the other way..our male is 100% people and child friendly, "little" problem is male agression.. but we know how to handle.
  9. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Oo that might be doable then :lol: I need to finish this house and move first.

I guess the parents have had all the relevant health tests? What are their hips like?

Will you be breeding any litters yourself next year? I love Apollo - do you have more photos of him from a pup through to him maturing? Would be interesting to see how much he has changes as he's grown.

Sorry for all the questions! They are a very interesting breed, and you're making me feel broody :lol:
  10. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    :grin: Yes I have..
    Apollo Has HD A, really excellent! And Rose will be tested next month as it will be send to OFA in USA. Her sire and dam have both OFA Excellent.

Yes we will breed 1 litter next year. Ziva, dam to Apollo to an USA male. We will do AI because we move to Australia in January and will need some new bloodlines overthere.. Ziva x Troy was also possible, but no value to me because of Abby, pup from Ziva X Troy from 1st litter.. :lol:
  11. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    Fair Mate's Apollo Born 23-7-2011.

2,5 week, washed by his sire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apollo and his new owner
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the middle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. DaisyD0g

DaisyD0g New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    I am in :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: they are the cutest puppies :)
  13. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    OMG stop it Danielle - I'm in love :049: (Daisy - I agree! The pups are SO cute!)

It's interesting how the white patch on his face seems to have become less prominent over time (and become more a striking feature like his father's).

Wonder if any of his litter will turn out like him...?

Is his (lucky!) owner the breeder of this new litter too? Get her to join Dogsey - she might have even more photos she can post of him :lol:

Thanks again for all the info - I might well get in touch with you or your UK friend for one in the future.

I might need to pick your brains for information for the Breedia profile as well at some point :p would that be ok?
  14. FM Catahoulas

FM Catahoulas

Name:
    Danielle
    Yes that would be ok! The breeder, owner to Rose is katkins here in Dogsey!! You can surely find her.. I will ask Ilse, who lives in NL if she will make a profile on Dogsey. They can speak English almost as they speak Dutch, so must not be a problem..
  15. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Awesome thanks :D

I shall look forward to seeing lots more photos then :mrgreen:

Hopefully, especially, of Apollo :049:
  16. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Have a look at Catahoula Bulldogs Azz,,Old US cross...
  17. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Wow some of them are nice too, Murf. Check this one out:

[​IMG]

They look like they have more agile, Presa-looking builds. Tho I guess with the Catahoula bulldogs you won't really know what you'll end up with as it's a cross. Still very nice tho! (Also the major problem here in the UK is that insurance for an AB or AB cross is difficult to get these days)
  18. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    The other breed in the Uk that must have Catahoula in its history is the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog ...
    [​IMG]
  19. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Are there are genuine ones in the UK Murf? Had a quick search and they seem to be more AB's than anything else :/

Must say I am loving the bully type Catahoulas tho - they seem to be very agile yet still with a bully-ish face :mrgreen:
  20. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Yeah, there are a few breeders importing pure dogs that are ABBA registered.

( I wonder if they see the funny side of being ABBA registered.lol)
  21. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Lol @ ABBA - I quite like them now... never used to when I was younger :lol:

Look at this Catahoula LD: