Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Discussions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. amandah

amandah New Member

Name:
    Amanda Harrison
    cavaliers are wonderful little humans

Cavalier are really like children and adore a lap or a bed to sleep on. They are so sweet and always have a waggy tail. Regards Amanda Harrison.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lyndyp

lyndyp New Member

what lovely pics, I love Cavalier spaniels they look such lovable ,friendly dogs, I really would love to own one,maybe one day -------- :smt007
  4. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    I have had cavaliers since 1975 and i would,nt want to be without one they are really loverly dogs. I also have a springer and he lives with a cavalier who is 8 years and i have got a 14 week cavalier. Two months ago i lost a cavalier she was 8 years she had MVD.It was heart breaking to lose her she was such a loverly dog bless her. I lost her mum two years ago with the same thing. My 8 year old cavalier is the son of the one i lost two years ago and he is doing really well bless him.I just hope he lives to a good age.And my springer he is just as loverly as the cavaliers he is not like people say springers are he is just so loverly and a good boy.I would,nt be without any of my baby,s Ilove them all.
  5. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    please post some photo's chelsea ;)
  6. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Cavaliers are loverly dogs i have two myself at the moment. I have got a 14 week puppy she is so sweet.And i have got an 8 year cav. I also have a 1 year old springer.
  7. nickyboy

nickyboy

Name:
    nick
    glad to see so many cavalier fans - i have a question for all those with cavalier experience. What age do they start filling out? Mine are both six months old and a little on the gangly side, they have always been picky with their own food ( though show a lot more enthusiasm in trying to get their paws on ours ) and I somethimes worry that they are eating healthily enough?
  8. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    18mths......... they go through a teenage stage around a year a look all kinda gangley LOL ..quite normal
    some say the wholecolours are slower to mature I don't know if this is true..:)

remember a dog is only as picky as the owner will allow.......
  9. nickyboy

nickyboy

Name:
    nick
    I know...sometimes it feels like a battle of wills that I am losing with one of them !! ...she seems to be spending more of her time stopping hr sister eating than eating herself haha!!
  10. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    go to the health section you might find some info there.......i go the the idea that she will starve herself and will eat when she is hungry
  11. nickyboy

nickyboy

Name:
    nick
    Yeah that was my advice as well from my vet that I passed onto someone else, she always gives in eventually but persists in trying it on...
    what makes it funnier is that just 'cos she doesnt want to eat she spends half her time trying to stop her easy going sister!
  12. Daniellew

Daniellew New Member

Hello everyone,
    I have an 7 and a 1/2 month old cavalier called Jake, Later on this year will be getting him a companion already got his name ready "Ted" :D

Here are a couple of pics of Jake

8 weeks
    [​IMG]

7 months
    [​IMG]
  13. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Love everyones ckcs gorgeous dogs! :grin:
  14. naomicavaliers

naomicavaliers New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    I have 3 cavaliers, an 11yr old tri coloured bitch, an 18mth old blenheim boy and 1yr old tri boy. They are the best natured well rounded breed of dog you could ever have in my opinion. Mine are so good. I could never imagine a house without a cavalier in it. I had to have my old boy put to sleep last year,as usual for a cavalier it was his heart and it was heartbreaking, he was only eight and a half.
    I have had cavaliers for eleven years and hope to always have them.
  15. Baby Ruby

Baby Ruby New Member

Hi eveyone,

I have a cavalier king charles spaniel called Ruby as you may guess she is Ruby colour.
    she is 2 and half now, she was 9 months old when i got her from the dogs home, shes still got a few problems that we are trying to iron out but all taking a long time. as you know with dogs they do it when they are ready (or at least Ruby does). other than that she is very loving, very much like a child always looking to see what you've brought for her when you come home.
  16. ste.n.steph

ste.n.steph New Member

Name:
    Stephy and Steve
    Leland is 6 months
    [​IMG]

Willow is 6 months
    [​IMG]

Buffy is 1 year old
    [​IMG]

Draiman is 1 year 10 months old
    [​IMG]
  17. CavvieCath

CavvieCath New Member

Name:
    Cath
    I have 2 cavvies Ozzy (blenheim aged 3) and Tilly (tri, nearly 3). We also have a litter of 4 pups aged 6 weeks......Lily (blen), Harley(blen), Maisey (blen) and Poppy (tri).

They are the most delightful breed and adorable. With pups in the house at the moment I just can't stop smiling !! They all make me laugh so much and bring so much love. Will be a very sad day when they go to their new homes, although we might keep Lily
  18. Dan285

Dan285 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Can anyone recommend a good breeder of Cavaliers KCs in the South.

I used to own a dearly departed Cav (can't tell you his name because he's my password!) but now I'm all grown up and married I'd like my family to have the same great experience.

I've looked at things like Epupz but a lot of them seem like chancers. So if anyone has any recommendations then please can you message me.

Thanks,

Dan
  19. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Have you tryed Inca on here she has cavaliers and is a very good breeder there are a few of Inca,s pups on dogweb.
  20. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F

Yes Incas pups are all gorgeous I agree Chelsea and she is an excellent breeder.:grin:
  21. Dan285

Dan285 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Thanks folks, I am in touch with her now.

Dan