Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Discussions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Firstly I am so glad Oscar is home:)

I just adore the Cavalier breed and must mention for anyone new to the breed when it comes to training they must be handled in a very gentle manner.

Inca I remember going to a Cavalier show in N. J. once and met a lovely breeder buy the name of Barbara Smith( she was from Mt. Hood in the states but had alot of english stock.) I understand her husband died and she is remarried and moved and not doing alot or any breeding any longer.
    I was very impressed with her and her Cavaliers. What bloodlines do you have??? Looking at your avatar, I must tell you something. I fell in love with the blenheim and love the tri but the back and tan took a bit of getting used to and is now my favorite. Oh I love the Ruby too.

I wonder why I only get red x's for the pictures?? I'm new and maybe I have to wait awhile but I have been able to post pictures already.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    thankyou buzzie........my eldest girl the grandma her lines are from all colours she is a result of a ruby to tri mating she has Fontalania and harana
    sophie is her daughter her father is ricksbury all the way back

India my black and tan has lots of svena breeding behind her and mostly Sorata on mums side ...it was an outcross mating and it worked really well ..........
  4. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Thank you Inca.
  5. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    your welcome it took a long time to get a good black and tan and i have say now i have one i will always want one :)
  6. kaye

kaye New Member

Name:
    kay
    my cavaliers all started to fill out when they were about 18 months and kept piling it on and on.... Kaye
  7. doss

doss New Member

Name:
    Doss
    I have always wanted whole colors. I've had to put both of them on very strict diets to keep them in good weight. When I first got Zora, Penny zoomed up over 20 pounds. I couldn't figure it out as she had always been free-fed and weighed 17. Then I figured out that she was guarding her food from Zora by eating it! They eat in their crates now and that's solved a large part of the problem.
  8. kaye

kaye New Member

Name:
    kay
    I think all cavvies have the same temperants except my boy he is a blehiem (all my cavvies are blenhiems)but he is the only one who has an attitude, I've had since he was eight weeks old and when he's had enough petting he lets you know by growling at you .
    I think this is due to him having hip displacia and not finding out he had it until I came to Australia and the vet here told me he had it.
    I have now put him on glucosamine and he is the same as my other cavvie(laid back).
    kaye
  9. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I would say as humans when we are in pain, we are a bit out of sorts or have a bit of an attitude......so why shouldn't a dog. Poor thing I hope your dear cavalier is better now with the help of glucosamine.