Chalaca Verdes Pampas VICE WORLD CHAMPION Bratisla (Dogo) Showing

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by gplaper, Oct 20, 2009.

1. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd

Chalaca Verdes Pampas VICE WORLD CHAMPION Bratisla (Dogo)

Hello dear dogo enthusiasts.

Please allow me to present our recent results on World Dog Exhibition in Bratislava 2009. Our Chalaca Verdes Pampas from VON WEISEEN FANGZAHNE kennel won a title VICE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD in copetition with 19 champion females.

Some pictures from the expo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sincerely Gorazd / Djordje
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Why do they cut their ears off?
  4. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    There are several reasons for thet. Fist the dog has totaly different expresion. Second since it is a hounting dog in Argentina it is recomended to avoid injury. In some countries it is banned. Personaly I like it.
  5. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Only I`ve recently seen some dogs used for fighting and their ears were cut off to stop the other dog geting hold of them. Afghanistan, I think they were from.
  6. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I LOVE DOGO's!!! They're such stunning dogs! not all that common in Canada, but we have several people with Dogos on our deaf dog yahoo group (deaf obviously) They are such loving dogs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
  7. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Dog fighting is one of the things that I cannot stand. I have to admit that it is popular in some parts of the Balkans but it is a criminal offence and brutality. I can ensure you that our dogs are not cropped for that reason. They are dominant, that is through but totaly socialized.
  8. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    beautiful dogs. They are so graceful yet powerful looking. I like them very much.
  9. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Dear Sara.

This is a very common thing (all white breeds are inclined) ;so every puppy have to have a BEAR test for deafness. Do never ever buy a puppy without BEAR test. a deaft Dogo might be dangerous.....
  10. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Deaf dogs are no more dangerous than hearing dogs, there is a lady in Argentina on our deaf dogs list that has a deaf Dogo (and 2 other dogo's), she is a teacher and brings her Deaf dog into the classroom with the kids, the hearing dogs aren't calm enough for it. she is a wonderful, sweet natured dog, and she is not an exception. I have met in person deaf Pit Bulls, a deaf English Bull Dog, My own 2 deaf dogs, and a deaf Border Collie x bull terrier (odd mix I know), 2 deaf JRT's and a deaf Lab x Border Collie.... NOT A SINGLE ONE WAS AGGRESSIVE!!!! aggression in deaf dogs is caused by the same thing as aggression in hearing dogs, lack of socialization, training, and understanding. I prefer deaf dogs to hearing dogs, and would take in a deaf Dogo without hesitation!
  11. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Absolutely stunning dogs :049:
  12. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Dear Sara.

I agree with you. But you have to know that a deaf dog (any) is potentialy dangerous because you can surprise him and dog can react unpredictability. Deaf dog is not automaticly aggresive. That was not a point. But on the other hand it has to be excluded from breeding since offspring can inherite this fault.
  13. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Absolutely, a deaf dog should never breed, we certainly dont need more! but again, a deaf dog will not get aggressive when startled, if you train them not to. I (or anyone else, known or unknown to the dog) can sneak up to my sleeping deaffies, and pat/tap/pull/grab them, all they do is give kisses, and go all waggie. I totally trust my dogs not to go aggressive, yes, they startle, no they will never bite. Training makes the difference between aggression and friendly, for any dog. As you can see, one of my pet peeves is the myth that deaf dogs are more aggressive than hearing, it is certainly not true.
  14. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Dear Sara.

Just another confirmation that there are no good/bad dogs but normal/abnormal breeders/owners. But you have to believe me that I have seen things I am speaking about. I had a deft puppy and I was very carefull selecting an adequate person to give him the puppy as a gift. And this dog is not agressive. But... Dogo Argentino si a wonderful fammily dog but strong hand and absolute socialization is crucial.
  15. johnderondon

johnderondon New Member

Name:
    John
    Do you know what percentage of Dogos are born deaf in one or both ears?
  16. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Being honest I do not know. Les than 20 %. White breeds are more predispositioned to deafnes in general
  17. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Not a fan off docked ears, but do love your dogs....
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    BEAUTIFUL Dogs, and I personally love the cropped look too.

Id also agree a deaf Dogo is a whole lot different to a deaf Border Collie!
  19. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    The beauty is in the eyes of the holder :grin: . In many EU countries cropping is being banned. Personally I do like ears cropped since it is more practical and the head has totally different expression. There are different points of view, especially among breeders of Doberman......
  20. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    That's only because a Dogo is totally different than a Border Collie Deaf dogs are first and foremost a dog, second a breed, third their own personality,and wayyyy down the list, deaf.
  21. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    At least you didn't euth the pup! good for you! I know of boxer breeders who'll kill any white pup as they have a chance of being deaf. and Dalmatian breeders who BAER test, then kill any pup that's deaf (it's in the code of ethics for the breed club in the USA)