Chalaca Verdes Pampas VICE WORLD CHAMPION Bratisla (Dogo) Showing

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by gplaper, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    I LOVE Dogo's!
    Gorgeous dogs :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    No thats because its a Dogo! They are one of the most highly tuned working dogs on the planet, a deaf one IMO would be a lethal liability, far worse than most other breeds.
  4. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Dear Sara.

In our kennel we take breeding as a serious and responsible task. All our breeding stock has x Ray positive results of hips. All puppies are BAER tested. We cannot afford to sell somebody deaf/half deaf puppy. At the end of the day they are show dogs.

But beside being a breeder we do like dogs. My partner is a veterinarian. Sometimes you get a puppy that does not fit the standard (blue eye, a black spot on a coat, wrong/twisted bite, deaf puppy....). This is often result of a inbreeding.

Such puppy should be eliminated from a breeding line and cannot get a pedigree. Of course this is not a reason to put such puppy asleep. I agree. But you have to know that it is a great responsibility to give a deaf Dogo Argentino to somebody. Origin of Dogo Argentino is a fighting dog from Cordoba. All aggressive lines were excluded from further breeding.

You have to be very careful with this things. They have inherent sense for protection of the environment and people (the family they live with). And they are not toys. They are created for boar and puma hunting. So when you take everything in consideration deafness at Dogo Argentino is a very delicate thing.... I understand your love, sense for animals but imagine a situation if such powerful dog gets an owner who is not responsible enough. Sometimes just love is not enough.

Sincerely Gorazd
  5. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    ANY Dogo can be a lethal liability, whether or not they're deaf. Deafness has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the dog is aggressive Are deaf people aggressive? are deaf cats aggressive? Deaf horses? all I'm saying is that THEY ARE NO DIFFERENT! Would you say a deaf Pit Bull is more aggressive than a hearing one? There are dozens of them on our deaf dog list, and EVERY single person who has them would argue. a deaf dog is just a dog that cant hear. NOT a killing machine, why would you think that?
  6. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    ahhh but you have to be careful where the hearing ones go to, they are just as dangerous in the wrong hands. Deaf dogs are most often way more in tune with their people than hearing dogs, and less likely to go off looking for trouble. I do know their history tho I probably only know 1/4 of what you do about them, they are an amazing dog, powerful, tough, with lots of drive and instinct, which is what makes them so amazing. There are many breeds with similar characteristics, but none as stunning as the Dogo (In my opinion! LOL) And if a deaf one came my way, I'd take it, as I said before, with no hesitation. tho that's so highly unlikely, as I've only ever seen Dogo's at shows. They are quite rare here.
  7. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    My grandson Vuk (direct translation in English = Wolf) and his "guardian" Tucuy alias Nitro :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I love the expression on Nitro's face. So tender! It's always so refreshing to see positive things about powerful breeds like Dogos. Great pics, keep them coming!
  9. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Stunning dogs you have. I had never really heard of them till I saw a film Bon Bon el Perro and thought then what beautiful dogs they were.
  10. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
    Indeed :grin: actualy Vuk has 2 guardians. Both took ther task very seriously :grin: Here Vuk is 7 days old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sincerely Gorazd
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    :007: :007: :007: lovely ;-) ;-) :mrgreen:
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

Lovely looking dogs dont know anythign about them though other than they are a very territorial breed, is that correct!!

Sorry disagree with the highlighted...breeding also has a lot to do with aggression, its not as simple as good training /socialization, sometimes you have nature thrown in for good measure!!

Again disagree, breeding should be right up there at the top, personality is totally different to breed traits...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Sara Im sorry but you are demonstrating your ignorance of a breed that is solely dedicated to guarding and killing and holding. A deaf Dogo is worse because of what it is. Ive had a deaf Cat thanks and a deaf dog, so I know what its like to live with them, Ive also trained a deaf Lab, born deaf. Dogos are very highly tuned, they weigh an enormous amount, they are quick thinking and very reactive. Coupled with the FACT you could not switch it off if it went, believe me, they are very very dangerous.
  14. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    OMG, those dogs are stunning, those pics have made my very dull day a whole lot brighter, thankyou xx
  15. Thornesstaf

Thornesstaf New Member

Name:
    Dee
    Stunning dogs x
  16. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Do you think thats why they are banned in the UK?
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What because some are deaf?
  18. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    I think you know what I mean. :?
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    No I didnt which is why I asked you!:roll: The first half of the post you quoted was about deaf animals.

They were banned because of the type of dog they are, what they are used for and what they "could" be used for, just like the other banned breeds here.
  20. gplaper

gplaper New Member

Name:
    Gorazd
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn