Chewing on my skirting board! Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Rebecca3, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Rebecca3

Rebecca3 New Member

Name:
    Becki

Chewing on my skirting board!

Please please please i need help!! I have a girl 14 months old and she keeps chewing the skirting board. We are having to keep her in one part of the house in fear of her chewing other things or more skirting boards. She has lots of toys and another frenchie to play with but she still keeps chewing totally lost in what to try to get her to stop.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Rubbing on Olbas Oil, or Vicks Vapour Rub, are popular remedies for wood chewing with Beagle owners. If she just moves onto another area, you may have to think of a crate or playpen for when you are not there to supervise her.
    Does this happen when you leave her? Chewing has a calming effect for dogs and can indicate that the dog is feeling stressed. You say that she has toys, but does she have an adequate chance to exercise her jaws on more suitable items, such as hooves, raw bones, dried sinew, dried pig, rabbit or cows ears etc.
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    My little man used to have a phase of chewing skirting boards, even with plenty of toys, entertainment, company and discipline. I couldn't get him to stop until he grew out of it. I'm not saying that all Frenches are the same, just speaking from experience, as no dog (the same as the children) are the same. But hope your little one stops soon, because I know how how annoying it can be!
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Not just FB's. When we first moved to this area we moved into a newly built property, and Mia Lurcher chewed the kitchen door frame the first time we left her. The builders generously replaced it for us, only for her to do the same thing the following week. We didn't have enough room for a large crate, so we filled the holes with Polycell, and put a heavy stool in front when we left her. The next time, she chewed the stool! I'm sure this was caused by the stress of the move, and after about a month there were no more incidents. She never bothered the next time we moved house, but she was a teenager by that time.