Chihuahua x Cavalier General Chat

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by Dotty1, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Dotty1

Dotty1 New Member

Name:
    Dotty

Chihuahua x Cavalier

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a Chihuahua x Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeder or puppies? Sometimes they are called Cavachis or Chiliers.

I thought it would be sensible to ask dog lovers for recommendations

Thank you for any help.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Toedtoes like this.
    Sorry but I wouldn't recommend this cross due to the variety of health conditions which could potentially appear in the puppies.
    I would be amazed if any responsible and experienced breeder of toy dogs would be deliberately breeding them.
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Helidale likes this.
    Key words here are “responsible and experienced”. Unfortunately there are many irresponsible breeders, experienced and otherwise, who are in it just to make money. Obviously people do breed this cross, because it has a name.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Helidale likes this.
    They are all made-up names. When I mentioned elsewhere that Tikva was a Dachshund/Minpin cross [and I made it clear that it was an unwanted, accidental cross], she immediately said "Oh, you have a Dachspin, how cute".
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale and Malka like this.
    Back in the early 70s, my Mom did rescue. There was one woman in the group who would create names for the "exotic breed" of the dogs they took in. The public loved to think that their mutt was some rare exotic breed. That's all these names are - a way to glamourize a mixed breed dog.

The problem with breeders breeding these mixes, is that there is no standard for them. Someone can call their puppies "Cavachis" regardlessof what is in them.

I rescued a mama dog once. The owner would let her out to get knocked up and then sell the puppies claiming they were purposely bred cross breeds. The truth is that they had no idea who the father was and didn't even know if the mama was a purebred (she wasn't). But that didn't stop them from advertising the puppies were somehow special and putting a pricetag on them accordingly.

If you are not set on a purebred, then rescue a mixed breed. Don't buy a crossbreed or mixed breed puppy.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Helidale and Malka like this.
    Unfortunately I don’t think any of what we say will discourage people from buying their desired crossbred dog. People do think the names sound exotic or cute.
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Like most "causes", if our posts can discourage just one person, then it was worth the effort.