Chinese Crested info please!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Chinese Crested' started by Petticoat, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat

Chinese Crested info please!!

Never ever thought I would want a little dog, but there is something about the CC's that has me intrigued!!;-)
    So go on, tell me the good and the bad!! Would also like pics if possible...

Mucho muchly!!;-) :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    How weird is that, I just commented to you - then logged on here and saw this! :shock:

Bad points.. First as always best to know.

- You dont ever just own one!
    - They can be very clingy, the hairless tend to be more so that the puffs.
    - They are known to howl.
    - They can be nervous/shy of strangers, again more so the hairless.
    - Skin that is not cared for regually can become a nightmare, with black heads and such things.
    - They can sometimes be a pain to house train sometimes, I always find it best to bring in a pup through summer, I spose thats same for all breeds - but the hairless can be extra funny as pups.

Good points.

- A loving, loyal breed.
    - Intelligent, love to learn and show off.
    - Likes a good run across the feild, although if you cant get out on one walk will happily stay home.
    - If brought up to be a normal dog does not care about getting dirty, muddy or wet.
    - Great bed warmers.
    - Great with kids, and other dogs..Including bigger dogs.

Theres probs alot more negatives and positives but there basic. If you have any specific questions - just ask.

They should be health tests (in my opinion) for PLL, PRA and Glaucoma..Although this is not suggested by breed clubs.

If you find a breeder you like the look of when the times right give me a nudge..I shall give you the low down :mrgreen:
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    [​IMG]

Yes I do prefer my hairless! ;)
  5. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    They are stunning hun....
    What do you have to do to the skin, as I do prefer the hairless really... I don't fancy popping a few comedones (joke!!)
  6. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    cc's are trying to take over the worrrrrllld eeek!!!! lol :)
  7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    CCs cant take over the world, they are only for special people! :lol:

Thanks You, they are great kiddies - The skin care is very simple. Keep it clean and moisturised.
    The pink skins can be worse from experience - like Diznis, but I like my darks better anyways :lol:
  8. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Lol!! I can see me in my barbour walking round Lincolnshire, with my gang now, a Gordon, another Pointer and 2 CC's...;-)

Actually I can!!:shock:
  9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    I can only coment on the one I have had for 7 weeks:002:

Bad points.. First as always best to know.

- You dont ever just own one! I am already thinking about having another one!!
    - They can be very clingy, the hairless tend to be more so that the puffs. Nope
    - They are known to howl. Quiet as a mouse
    - They can be nervous/shy of strangers, again more so the hairless. Nope
    - Skin that is not cared for regually can become a nightmare, with black heads and such things. Not as yet!
    - They can sometimes be a pain to house train sometimes, I always find it best to bring in a pup through summer, I spose thats same for all breeds - but the hairless can be extra funny as pups. Ludi has been the quickest pup to housetrain I have had

Good points.

- A loving, loyal breed. Definately
    - Intelligent, love to learn and show off. Smartest pup ever!
    - Likes a good run across the feild, although if you cant get out on one walk will happily stay home. Ludi won't walk in the rain (which suits me!!)
    - If brought up to be a normal dog does not care about getting dirty, muddy or wet. Well dirty and muddy yes, wet no!
    - Great bed warmers. I call Ludi my hot water bottle, he is great on cold evenings
    - Great with kids, and other dogs..Including bigger dogs. Definately as my videos and photos prove

The best thing about Ludi, for me, is how breathtaking he is. I still get moments where I just watch him and think WOW! He is so elegant and the way he moves, stunning:grin:

Obviously I am still very new to the breed but Ludi is my little miracle and just an amazing character.
  10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Glad he doesnt howl, and was easy to house train & is not clingy.
    His house training was going so well before he left, although I was worried he would be very clingy due to hand rearing.

Although as a breed the problems above have been known so best be prepared.

Thinking of another :lol: well am glad you are pleased with our wee lad!
  11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    No he isn't clingy. If he can be with me then he wants to be BUT if he can't be then he just goes and gets in bed with Ozzy until I get back:lol::lol:

I have been very impressed wth his housetraining, I was expecting him to be a nightmare and tbh it wouldn't have bothered me at all if he had taken months and months.
  12. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    You ask most CC owners where their dogs are when their on the toilet! ;)
  13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    Mind you my BT was like that, he used to sit on my lap when I was on the toilet:lol:
  14. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Must show this thread to my friend she has a fancy for one to do HTM with:grin:
  15. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    I just think they are amazing and I always thought I was a big dog person!! I absolutely love the ones I have seen on here, especially Dizni, Asbo and Ludi:p

Regarding the HL, as I would want to show, even on a small level, would the ears need taping as a pup?
  16. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    Ludi's ears haven't needed taping:grin:
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Depends if the pup has weak cartilage or not. To show the pup it would need erect ears, unless a puffer who can be shown either erect or dropped.
    If the pup has weak cartilage breeders do tape and support the ears - this is often carried on by owners for the first few weeks. It shouldnt take to long as then too me that tends to turn into 'forcing' the ears up.
  18. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    Oh Get yourself a few lol
    They are great dogs to own, so funny in their antics
    Bedtimes are the best times lol
    [​IMG]
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    oooh where do i start? :grin:

they are a big dog in a little dogs body :grin:

if not babied then they are like any other dog, love mud, love running around, daphni likes to roll in things, which i do not appreciate as she is lovely pretty and white :lol: :lol:

they love a good walk and will go for miles, but they also dont mind if they cant get out, quite happy snuggling with you on the couch.

as for DD saying they are clingy... i dont know. if i just had daph id say no they arent, however asbo will sit at the bottom of the stairs if i go to the toilet or whatever and whine for me. but he is fine if left on his own, just settles down and sleeps :grin:

howling... mine have never howled. they dont do it when on their own (im filmed them) however they are vocal. when daphni gets excited she talks to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

skin wise.. asbo has had a few spots, which i have squeezed :blush: :lol: but that was only for a week or so, which i just washed everyday and theyve cleared up now.

with strangers... daphni loves anyone and everyone :grin: she dives to them says hello wants a fuss and will really sulk if you dont give her one!! asbo is the same, hes a bit more wary but if hugs are going hes not going to miss out!

ears.. i had quite a lot of bother with asbos but they are up now. i found taking the hair off them did the trick. they are up now :grin: however he has a habit of now flicking the tips backwards :roll: so may have to tape them again just to get them to stay straight :roll: not all ears need taping though, im hoping my next one will sort the ears out itself.

it is true you can never have one :lol: id had daphni 2 months and i put my name down for another. i wanted it from a specific bitch so luckily he didnt arrive for another 2 years :lol: think my nana would of gone mad otherwise :lol:

healthwise they dont need tests done but id still test for PRA PLL and glaucoma. :grin:

daphni has been quite fussy with her food, but i dont think this is the norm, asbo will eat anything (i mean anything, he ate half of his tooth that fell out the other day :roll: ) so he has the nickname bin bag :lol: :lol:

dont think ive missed anything off :grin:
  20. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    now for the pictures :grin:

daphni

3 weeks old...
    [​IMG]

5 weeks...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 months old at cheshire show where she got reserve BOB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

in the snow...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

asbo...
    hes 3rd on the right... and DDs mydus is 2nd on the left :grin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when i brought him home...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in the snow...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a couple of mutley my OHs crested...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

woah overload :blush: not trying to tempt you honest :lol:
  21. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    The pics are gorgeous.... now I really want one!!:lol: Maybe have to wait til end of next year... but I will have one!!;-) :mrgreen: