Chinese Crested Skin Help please!!! Health

Discussion in 'Chinese Crested' started by caspercrestie, Nov 27, 2010.

1. caspercrestie

caspercrestie New Member

Name:
    Amber

Chinese Crested Skin Help please!!!

Hi - just wondered if anyone had any advice on getting rid of blackheads on chinese crested dogs? I have two, Casper is 6 months and has beautiful skin but Daisy who is 7 months has loads of blackheads and i just can't seem to shift them. Any help much appreciated! Thankyou
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    what are you using on the skin at present?

Black heads can be a pain for pink skins, not something we have ever had a problem with mind. what I would advise you do is get a good exfoliating body wash/scrub for bathing and bath every other day in it until you see them clearing up. After bath and dry you should be putting on a good body cream to keep the skin moist and soft.
  4. caspercrestie

caspercrestie New Member

Name:
    Amber
    ok thankyou! yea using exfoliating body wash - and as i say casper who is pink skinned is fine but daisy is mahogany and she has loads! will keep doing and hopefully will start to see results! Thanks!
  5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Hows Daisys skin clearing up?
  6. caspercrestie

caspercrestie New Member

Name:
    Amber
    Hi - well is alot better than it was thankyou!
  7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Brilliant - keep at it, it shall be perfect in know time :D
  8. Crested

Crested New Member

Name:
    Crested
    I use medicated shampoos once every 2 weeks.

On top of that I use clearasil face wash, just the hoo-man kind with an exfoliating glove.

Cyrus gets bumps on his back legs but a couple of washes with the clearasil and the glove and he's really smooth and lovely.

Witch hazel is a great product to use in between washes. Just put a little on a clean cloth and wipe over the skin.
    It doesn't sting like most astringents and gets all the dirt and grime off.
  9. beau

beau New Member

Name:
    nutmeg
    Which type of body cream would you use on a crested?
  10. Crested

Crested New Member

Name:
    Crested
    Like what kind of moisturiser beau?

I personally use Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser, but everyone uses different products.

I just use a little after a bath or after he has been out in the sun. I find I only have to use it when I put his skin under stress, no need to do it every day.

Really, any product that moisturises, is for sensitive skin and doesn't contain oils or lanolin is good.
  11. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    asbo is going through a spotty stage at the minute :roll: mainly that bit of skin right near his back legs. his right side is worse than his left.

im just bathing it every day at the minute with a face wash which is all natural and has aloe vera and camomile in. that seems to be doing the trick for now.

any other tips so i can make them clear up quicker? he nibbled at a few the other day, and now they are a bit scabby so any tips would be helpful :grin:
  12. beau

beau New Member

Name:
    nutmeg
    Thanks crested, I wasn't sure which type of moisturisers would be ok x