Chocolate coloured cavalier Questions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Deborahjane, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    I like the rich chocolate colour on the dogs in that link, but I am not sure I like the colour of the eyes. Suppose I am just not used to seeing cavs with that colour eyes.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    I can't find a link? Am I missing something?
  4. Luke

Luke New Member

I really quite like them:)
  5. rubylover

rubylover New Member

Name:
    rubylover
  6. Deborahjane

Deborahjane New Member

Name:
    Deborah
    Thats the pic I've seen before, I love cochrans snickers...:p
  7. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    They don't mention any MRI scanning on their site & fancy selling a 7 year old Ch :cry: :cry:

They are typical Canadian Cavaliers & TBH I wouldn't want any of them, they all have very short muzzles & the coats OMG ! I just hate the American way of stacking all breeds
  8. rubylover

rubylover New Member

Name:
    rubylover
    I thought Cochran Cavaliers were American, not Canadian.
  9. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    They probably are but sorry to say many of the Cavaliers in the North Americas(that should cover the US as well)are not really typical Cavaliers

My Kaycee's father went to the US & was one of the top Cavaliers for a long time. He was never short listed for the CC in the UK except once ! He was sold because he couldn't get made up here in the UK & the owner/breeder had another stud dog that she wanted to be used more & get made up(& he did get made up then died suddenly)
  10. rubylover

rubylover New Member

Name:
    rubylover
    I believe most here know that as the breed is based in the UK, breeders here have to work with the leftovers. It is what it is.

In regards to MRI, it is a rare occurance here if a breeder MRIs. The first breeders in Canada did so just in 2008, due to the Geulph study. I live in the west, 5 days drive from there, and there is still not one western Canadian breeder MRIing and as I study pedigrees and SM, I know they are using stock with very closely related SM affected dogs . . . quite the mess really.

I have a question re coats. This probably speaks to "in the eye of the beholder". I really despise a heavily or lengthy coated Cavalier, preferring the flat smoother coats. I suppose then that I like a fault?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009