Chow Chow Discussions

Discussion in 'Chow Chow' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Chow Chow

Chow Chow
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    [​IMG]
    Chowpers Changies Lad

Chow
  4. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    [​IMG]
    Chowpers Bobby Dazzler.
    Best Puppy Chow of the Year Show 1996

Chow
  5. IzzaFred

IzzaFred New Member

Definitely not enough chow pics ;-)

Smoki
    [​IMG]

Contrary to popular belief, they can be trained (although it's a long process...)
    [​IMG]
  6. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    :smt007 :smt007 GORGEOUS ! ! :smt007 :smt007
  7. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Lovely dog :smt049
  8. shandilady

shandilady New Member

Name:
    Fire
    Very cute chow chow
  9. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Oooh, I looooove Chows :) Don't think I could ever own one though. My Chow X has been a big enough nightmare to train :roll: He is very good now but still has no recall whatsoever (and probably never will have). I think a purebred Chow would give me a nervous breakdown!! :lol:

Lovely pics :)
  10. shandilady

shandilady New Member

Name:
    Fire
    Hi , What is yours mixed with ? Shandi is my first full registered chow and I have fallen in love with her. She is very bright but we have problems with her being an alpha female. And we have 2 other girls.
  11. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Hi Shadilady.

My boy is Chow X Rottweiler :shock: I can't think of two less appropriate breeds to mix but he was from an accidental litter and we rehomed him at six months of age as his first home couldn't handle him at all.

He is 2 years old now and he's a real sweetie...really laid back and isn't phased by anything BUT he is extremely independent and likes to do his own thing. The first training club said he would probably be untrainable but we've proved them wrong (and changed training club) :) He is very clever and learns quickly but will only respond to a command if he feels like it :roll:

No problems here with him trying to be alpha...my Newfie keeps him well and truly in line!! :lol:

Any photos of your girls? You can see my dogs here if you're interested: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28861
  12. shandilady

shandilady New Member

Name:
    Fire
    A newfie pup on another site " Dave's Garden " has eaten all sorts of things , she had to have some serious surgery . Is that a newf puppy trait. I know the husky ( Memnok ) likes to eat all types of things he shouldn't . Ms Shandi the chow never eats anything she shouldn't . She was a rescue. The man brought her and her sister to our house at 2 in the morning , said if we didn't take them he was having them put down. We found her sister a good home and kept her. She is pretty good with obedience. Abit stubborn, but likes cheese so that helps. She likes herding the kitties , she doesn't like letting them outdoors . They are not supposed to go out and she knows it. I do have pictures and as soon as I figure that part out I will share them. Rott x chow sounds like a handfull !!! Did he get long or short hair ?
  13. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Hi

Aaah, your poor girl just getting dumped on you like that. Thank goodness she and her sister have good homes now :)

Shay (my Chow X Rott) has really thick fur somewhere between the Chow and Rottie coats. It's really easy to look after though and he just needs a brush about once a week.

My Newfie didn't chew a lot when she was a pup (wel,, she's only 15 months old now so still a pup really) but she is making up for it now!! In the last week, she has destroyed 2 pairs of flip-flops, badly damaged my favourite shoes and eaten right through a cable for the satellite tv (thanfully not plugged in at the time). She's usually very good but she's been a little devil lately :roll:

Look forward to seeing photos of your girls :)
  14. shandilady

shandilady New Member

Name:
    Fire
    OOOPS , sorry I was trying to post a pic and it didn't work. The next one down did though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  15. shandilady

shandilady New Member

Name:
    Fire
    Testing again
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  16. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Wow!! She is beautiful!

Gorgeous shepherd too, by the way ;-)

Thanks for posting that :)
  17. janet68

janet68 New Member

Name:
    Janet
    These pictures are so nice. When we went to crufts this year to see the Cavalier King Charles we popped over to see the chow chows and my girls wanted one - two or three. Have to say they are so nice....big teddy bears. Do they like to be cuddled??? All my three Cavaliers like nothing more than being cuddled.
  18. shandilady

shandilady New Member

Name:
    Fire
    Chows are different from the King Charles. They like being with their families very much. I have found my Shandi to be extremely patient and loving with everyone in the family. I think as long as they are gotten from a breeder who cares about the breed they are wonderful. She likes her tummy rubbed and loves being right with you. She is really calm about almost everything. I understand that if they are cuddled from the beginning then they always love it. We got her at 6 months and she still likes being picked up (53 pounds ) and put on her back for her tummy rubs and toe nail trims , foot pad trims for the hair. From what I have read though it varies by dog on the cuddlling. Some prefer just petting or being in the room with you.
  19. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    My male chow loves to give kisses.
    Not my bitch.
    She is in season at the moment and loves it.
    She gets to eat my males food also as he goes of his food when she is in season..
    My male is very intelegent but she runs circles round him.
    I have two shadded red chows.
    I have to admit I love the blacks .
    Thanks for posting your pictures.They are fab.
    My male is about 90 Lbs.
    A bit heavby for me to pick up.LOL
  20. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    Here she is with my male and yes she was boss from the day she arrived.[​IMG]
  21. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    Ling
    Developed Pyometra three weeks ago.
    She was doing great after the operation.
    She had her stitches out on the Thursday.
    Friday night she had just been a walk played with some of her friends.
    She was lied down and yelped out I was stroking her and she just died.
    You can imagine what kind of Christmas we are having.
    Night bless Ling.
    Till we meet again.
    Shirley