CKCS Sized Treats

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by ananab00, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ananab00

ananab00 New Member

Name:
    Laura

CKCS Sized Treats

Hey everyone,

I've been training Otis for a few weeks, using Pedigree Small Mixer biscuits as 'normal' sized puppy treats are too big for him! It takes him ages to munch through them!

I just wondered if anyone has any recommendations of small treats to use for a 5 month old cavalier, as I want to vary the treats I use.

Thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zoby

zoby New Member

Name:
    ma
    When i was training Rogue i used chopped pieces of Chicken and Cheese.

Worked a "treat" :lol:
  4. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Chopped cheese, chicken, hotdogs, ham etc. I never really use commercial treats or anything as they tend to be overpiced and full of additives. If I do I tend to use Burns Kelpies (which can be broken up) or the puppy coachies.
  5. Ginny

Ginny New Member

Name:
    Virginia
    There are some specific packets of treats you can buy(can't remember the brand now) but they do work out dear - however as you may know dogs love cat food (although as a treat occasionally as it is higher in protein content generally so it may not be suitable for health reasons) But how about trying some cat bics I sure your little pup will find them quite tasty and they are only small
  6. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
  7. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    hiya my dog Archie was very small and he also would not eat 'regular' size treats!

all i did was chop them into 4 pieces...........!
  8. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Same here as already suggested :grin: Although cheese can upset them ( one of mine was anyway )
  9. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
  10. Harry25

Harry25 New Member

Name:
    Deana
    I use chopped ham, turkey and hot dog. Occasionally a James Wellbeloved Pure Incentive.

Poppy only gets cheese in the Dairylea variety, a tiny bit smeared round her Drontal tablet!