Coco - Smooth or long haired Dachshund Photos

Discussion in 'Dachshund (Long Haired)' started by lauraloader, Jun 13, 2011.

1. lauraloader

lauraloader New Member

Name:
    laura

Coco - Smooth or long haired Dachshund

Hi, I have just become the owner of a cute choc and tan Dachshund called Coco. The litter wasn't planned. The father is smooth hair - black and tan and the mum is long haired - choc and tan. I am sure she will be smooth haired. Just wanted someone with knowledge. PS I know it isn't ideal to breed to diff coat types and I don't plan on breeding from her. Please see the attachment.

Thanks

Laura

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    I'm no expert, but I'd imagine if she was going to be long haired, she'd be a bit scruffy looking at least by now...looks pretty smooth to me :)
  4. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Awh shes gorgeous! Certainly at the moment she looks short coated. Congratulations on your puppy :)
  5. ami_j

ami_j New Member

Name:
    Jaime
    Would go for short haired too... the longhair gene tends to be a recessive gene so even without seeing the pic I would of said shorthaired..shes very cute :D
  6. Daxi4me

Daxi4me New Member

Name:
    Adam
    She's gorgeous! Defo looking smooth-coated! I'm a smoothie owner too, so I think they're better looking anyway, LOL!
  7. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    No expert here either, but I'd say smooth. I would have said at that age, if she was to be long haired, she would have a fluffier/scruffier coat and slight longer hair on the ears and tail. Google long hared daxie pups to see what I mean ;)
    She looks lovely though, enjoy!