Collars and Harnesses General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Felicia Eason, Jan 31, 2020.

?

Is it common to use both collar and harness at the same time? I keep an id tag on collar but don't h

Poll closed Mar 20, 2020.
  1. Use them together

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Use them seperate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't use a collar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't use a harness

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia

Collars and Harnesses

Unsure if you use collar and harness together or separate.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My dogs have always worn both a collar and a harnesse. Tags are on the collar and a leash and/or tether clipped onto the harness. I have never clipped a leash or a tether onto a collar.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I think a lot depends on the individual dog. There is a big difference between a Bull breed and a Chihuahua! If your dog is very strong, you may have more control using both with a double ended lead. If your dog is biddable, a harness could be enough for general purposes. Do be careful that the harness fits correctly though, and doesn't interfere with shoulder movement, or could be backed out of.
    Personally, I only use a harness for tracking. I use fabric half-check collars for walking and training, but for safety would always have flat leather collars on them when travelling - all with tags of course.
    I think the majority of training classes would recommend using a collar once your dog had moved out of the introductory class.
  5. lamken

lamken New Member

Name:
    lamken
    Generally used with collars and dog leashes, I always choose to fit a set of styles so that it looks more coordinated.