Colours/ Markings (Bcs)etc General Chat

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by mishflynn, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Those tickings are beautiful! Just how I like them!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    well seeing as we have 2 black and whites, they are my fave :lol:

millie is black and white as well!!

my number 1 is black and white then blue merle - has to be long haired......

nick is medium, but i would prefer a long coated dog-

red merles, are lovely - i also like the tan and white - someone i know has one and he's lovely -

:grin:
  4. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    He is Weircourt Truly Un Roo lee, out of Canen Baz. He comes from Canen and Bryning lines.
  5. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    what beautiful dogs :grin: I must say I do like the merles
  6. Tegs_mum

Tegs_mum New Member

Name:
    Katie
    "My" first dog was a black and white classic marked BC, he had a thick coat and was gorgeous to me in every way.

Now I've got an obsession with red and whites, prefer the classic markings the best but I like them all!

Teg
    [​IMG]

He turns ginger in summer then back to darker than his bum in the above pic in winter!
  7. Dale's mum

Dale's mum New Member

Name:
    Janice
    Must say I like the traditional black and white with blaze and a white collar. I also prefer dark brown eyes. Mind you i know a very handsome red and white boy that I could be tempted to dognap :lol:
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Teg is GORGEOUS :grin: I love a good red/white :) What is his breeding?
  9. Tegs_mum

Tegs_mum New Member

Name:
    Katie

Thanks, I think so too :grin:

He was bred to be a pet so don't really have any info on his breeding (so technically he's a WS), met his parents, mum was red merle and dad was red and white.

Most of the time he acts like working breed, always on the go, he's got a lot of nervous energy aswell, can't keep any weight on him, he's quite skinny under his big coat.

[​IMG]

If its a situation he's used to he's happy, thats why I take him lots of different places and have started agility with him :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. colliemad

colliemad

Name:
    I like blck tri-colours, and black and whites preferably with little white on the face and of course merley's, don't care if blue or red but to be honest it has to be the right dog and if it is then the colour is not something I think about8) Npt bothered too much about coat length either, prefer medium but not the end of the world if it turned out long or short:smt102

I would choose a really ugly goofy looking black and white over the prettiest dog any day if it was the right one for me:p
  11. 4dogsandababy

4dogsandababy New Member

Name:
    Sam
    My fav's are........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he he ;-)

This is Blue my 10 month old Blue Merle. They are my fav along with the Red Merle! Also prefer the longer coat :grin:

But then they are all superstars :mrgreen:
  12. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    um YES:) if i start on the kinds i like pc's will crash! :grin:
  13. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ohh I keep trying to narrow it down but then I see a dog in a colour I thought I didnt like
    Really I want a healthy dog and like Ben I will let the next dog pick me
    But
    Since I was little I wanted
    A split face blue merle with odd eyes
    A mainly black b/w with just a tiny blaze, small lightning strike on face, possibly socks and a little tail tip

But they are all stunning - I thought I liked prick ears till I got my fuzzylugs now I like the fact his are tipped and you can see how mad he is feeling at the time by how up his tips and tail are

Prefer longer coats - but not so long that I actually HAVE to brush them - I like to but I forget

Just so long as they are natural, hate collie pups with glued ears to make them prick or tip
    and I was amazed that some poeple dock their tails!!! I love their tails - fab indicator of moods and usefull to follow the 'shepards lantern' home in the dark
  14. AlbionLass

AlbionLass New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    I've never heard of docking a BC's tail.

Are you sure you don't mean Australian Shepherd, they often don't have tails.
  15. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

16. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    When iI was in the U.S there was lot's and lot's of collies with docked tail's.xxxxxxxxxxx
    All lovely marking's.
  17. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Check

Check

Check

One pricked, one tipped, covers both past and present preferences, check

Low maintenance coat, check

Ears completely natural, check

[​IMG]

Yep, you must be thinking of Aussies re tails, not BCs, and ear glueing is often done to Sheltie`s :? but not to BCs :grin:

Edit - just saw the link re docked BCs - why on earth would they `need` to be docked to work in the US when no farmer working cattle or sheep with a BC would do it anywhere else in the world :091:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  18. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

you have my dog!! OK who has the merle??
    Yup the tail docking is just crazy - if they have been working the rest of the world without problems then why do it there??
    Cant find the link to the collie ear taping but I seen it not that long ago and it just makes the ears look so unatural
    You can glue them up to make prick ears or glue coins to them for tipped - ewww - 1/2 the fun with a collie pup is figuring out which way the ears are gonna go!!
  19. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

20. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Its only fair that she`s mine considering you have the other halve`s of the JRT and the BC from my JRT x BC :mrgreen:
  21. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch

I will - their ears look absolutely horrible, totally unnatural for the dogs those ears belong to, those beautiful dogs have been made to look utterly freakish :cry:
    Collie ears come in all sizes and shapes and are naturally pricked, tipped, or floppy as per the size and configuration of those ears and how they sit on the head. To want to alter them is mind boggling, and so obvious that they have been tampered with, [ and damned badly too ], what on earth is wrong with those people, why do they want to go all out to thoroughly detract from their dogs natural beauty :075: