Come to the conclussion that Honeys at the heavier end of her type. Photos

Discussion in 'Hound Forum' started by chaz, Aug 10, 2010.

1. chaumsong

chaumsong New Member

Name:
    Jane
    Oh Honey is gorgeous, and looks very fit - definitely the right weight for her. I've often wondered why some dogs seem to get injured all the time and others not at all. I had two litter brother borzois, same height and weight, fed the same and exercised the same yet one was (still is) continually getting injured and the other was never marked or lame. Toto (sadly at the bridge now) was better constructed than Tchi, slightly better shoulders and more bend of stifle and I wonder if this was the difference? Toto was never lame and never cut. Tchi can run in a flat empty field and either find something to cut himself on or pull up lame :roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Honey was the same, thankfully she seems to have outgrown the worst of it though, I don't think it helps that she has thin skin either :roll: Diesel though *touch wood* has never injured himself outside, cut himself of anything, sometimes he does get a limp, he is the peter pan of dogs, he has never grown up, as soon as he gets off lead, even if we've walked for an hour on it he will immediatly start running hard and fast, and then will come back looking all pathetic with a limp, if only he could piece together running like he does and the limp it would be better, even just starting off slowly for ten minutes or so would help, but no not Diesel :roll: we've gone on a ten mile walk before, all the off lead oppurtunities he got (about 3/4 of the walk) he was running around like a headless chicken, I know their running dogs, but where are the short bursts?