Conbhairean GSDs anyone? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Conbhairean GSDs anyone?

Do any members on here own a Conbhairean GSD? I am looking to the future and very much admire this breeder and her dogs from the ones I have seen so far. I am hopefully going for a visit to Conbhairean when I get a chance - although there is no rush, as I am not considering another dog for a good few years yet ... that is the plan anyway.

It would be nice to hear from anyone who owns a dog from this breeder.

I used to do tracking training with a dog trainer who owned a Conbhairean and will post pics of him later. :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I don't want to start a big debate or anything but are these dogs backs and stance the norm now ??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. ay2003

ay2003 New Member

Name:
    adele
    Hi - I have an Olderhill GSD - bred for their flat backs so they have less chance of suffering from hip problems
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I did not start this thread to begin a debate on the differences in GSDs. If you want to start that debate then I would be interested in reading and taking part, however this thread is about whether anyone owns a dog from the Conbhairean kennel :)
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Soz ..
    I really didnt want to start that debate ,,,lol
  7. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    I dont, but have just looked on their site and omg, i am in love with 'waro'.

..... this makes me want another GSD!
  8. ay2003

ay2003 New Member

Name:
    adele
    Oooops, my apologies - didn't mean it to sound like I was starting a debate - was just an observation
  9. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Yes - in my dreams lol!:lol: Sorry Kirsty, stunning aren't they!;-)
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Ok no worries Murf. If you want to start a new debate on the differing types/shapes of modern GSDs then just start a new thread :)
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Waro is litter brother to the trainer's dog who I used to train with ... and he was a stunner too! :grin:

Do you think you could be tempted by another GSD in the future?
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    :grin: They are, aren't they Helen. They do have the odd longcoat pups in their litter too, but I may even be tempted by a standard coat next time :shock: :lol:
  13. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Here is the Conbhairean that I know. He is fab!

This pic doesn't do him justice at all unfortunately ...

[​IMG]

These show his lovely rich colour and non-exaggerated shape ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And doing his protection training ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    What a load of twaddle :roll: :roll: :roll: , HD has nothing to do with the shape of the dog
  15. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Don't own one, but have met loads around the show ring & one of the things that always strikes me is their lovely temperaments & characters-very typical.
  16. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

He is GORRRRRGEOUS!

I'm not a GSD owner, but I do admire and like them :)
  17. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Dyane. I have heard nothing but positive reports about their temperaments :grin: Nice to hear it from you as well.
  18. ay2003

ay2003 New Member

Name:
    adele
    Nice of you offer up your opinion in such a nice way - I admire almost all dogs - whatever their shape or size - i chose to go the flat back route for many reasons
  19. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    :grin: He is stunning isn't he. He has such a fantastic temperament too - he can be having a big fuss from people one moment and doing protection training the next, and is very sociable with other dogs too. I fell for him as soon as I met him :049:

I know you don't own a GSD at the mo, but aren't you considering one in the future?
  20. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Yes, definitely. Most probably not until i lose sadie- which is hopefully a long long way off yet.
    I would go for a male standard coat too, sadie is such a special girl i dont think i could have a female GSD as it would be impossible for them to live up to sadie :)
  21. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    How old is your Sadie now? I hope you have her for years to come yet too :)

It is difficult to try not to compare different individuals of the same breed, especially if you get a new one not long after losing another iyswim. One of the reasons I got a longcoat bitch was that I lost my standard coated bitch suddenly and felt I would compare too much if I went down the standard coat route again immediately.