Confused by Registered Inuit!! Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by crestnut, Jun 19, 2010.

1. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Nope no required or reccommended health tests WE CHOOSE TO! ;)

You made a loss in one litter? Wont be in all...... we dont get freebies either! You choose to have the litter, so time doesnt really count. :)

The fact is £650 is alot of money, let alone for a cross breed! :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    Oh and another thing vetting potential owners now there is a delightful topic! I have made prospective owners come to my house several times to talk, see pictures and ask questions. I have made them walk my dogs and come to training class and handle one of my dogs (not the easy ones either). I have contracts, delivered puppies hundreds of miles so i can see peoples homes. Google earth surrounding areas and still, STILL had to take dogs back weeks, months or years later and even taken dogs away because i have found out things were not quite as they should be so sorry even the most suspicious and cautious of us still sell dogs to people for £650 and still they dont care. I would much prefer it if they didnt bother with the dog, chucked £650 at me so i could just spend it, as it would save a whole heap of upset, hassle and problems later on down the line.
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Yep but thats my point Akna, money does not make sure you have a perfect home for the dog, like you first suggested! :) ....
  5. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    Ive just googled your breed it suggests health tested parents for such things such as luxating patella and hips not being funny but the BVA charge the same whatever breed but for one of mine im looking at a much larger sum to pay out. I do not have to do anything because i am not governed by a breed club or the KC but surely having what you have if you were to breed you would do those tests because it is a known health issue? Although i do notice on the breed club of GB there are no notes about any health issues or tests?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
  6. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    I never suggested there was a perfect home in the first place, i breed for myself in the interim and then take propective buyers into the fold months before the litter is even conceived, i do not need to advertise my dogs unless of course someone pulls out ( i always take deposits) or they wanted a dog/bitch and we dont get but that can happen with any planned litter.
  7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Yep on some american sites it suggests a few problems the breed suffer from, our breed clubs and the KC do not reccommend any!
    we choose to because we know of problems.. :D

Cross breed or pedigree - tests should be done. Most cross breeds come from two pedigree dogs or different breeds, or back down the generation would have.

There are perfect homes, all our pups are in perfect homes, no matter what the news owners paid! - because if we didnt believe that it was a perfect home, pup would never have left with them.
    we dont take deposits that way we dont put our selves into a verbal contract, If we choose to keep a pup that some one else booked then we are doing so.

Mum also breeds with the aim of keeping a show pupster! But homes still have to be found for the other litters mates, its just as important, if not so more.
  8. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    anyway im off to bed i answered from my experience honestly about my own dogs, my crosses, i do not justify what others may indeed do or not do and i do not have any problem selling my dogs for the purpose i intend nor the cost i charge.
  9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Night! - I never once suggested that you have problems selling your pups for their purpose, or for the prices you asked! Merely pointed out most breeders make profits unless something goes wrong with every litter (then i would worry)!! and that you charge quite abit for a cross breed, more than some pedigree breeders! But hey who am i to say whats right or wrong! ;)
    sleep well.
  10. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    i can understand why saarloos or csv crosses cost a bit more...other than that i dont ;-)
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    your in a good mood tonight lol ;-)

oops....that was meant for Akna lol...ive had a long day lol/
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Surely the onus lies with those stupid enough to pay ridiculous amounts for a crossbreed? Come on now, Lurchers are crossbreeds, never portrayed as anything else, and they cost about £150, likewise Terriers such as Patterdales, Fells etc..

Health testing seems to be the apex of the sale of these animals, when in actual fact the reason for breeding is selling and nothing more.
  13. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    LOL I was going to say aint i always.

and your right Dawn its the idiots that pay the stupied prices that give the breeders the market to charge them.
    what annoyes me though is people that think they can charge more and claim its to find a better home, really gets my back up.
  14. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    yip :) i miss my old boy :-(

u dont see lurcher breeders advertising them as 'pedigrees' either ,even tho a well bred lurcher has a recorded history...and i reckon a lot more believable one than alot of these crosses ;-)
  15. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    So where is the GSD in this advert?
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    me thinks its someone thats jumping on the bandwagon without all the facts..throwing in a few 'key words' without knowing what they mean lol.
  17. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    LOL Okayz so thats why it is confusing me lol So really I could advertise a Huskie x Malamute x Chinese Crested but still call it a British Inuit and get it registered lol
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Perhaps you should email the people who placed the advert and ask them your questions? They will probably be able to provide you with better answers than me.
  19. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    My mega expensive Saluki cross cost £120 lol, mind you today I could of told people that Diesel was pure Greyhound, even the organiser of a Greyhound walk thought that he was one, she never realised that he was a cross until I said he had German Shepherd in him and his ears went up lol, he was for sale for a whole £80. I love me my cheap cross breeds.

Yeap, they're nothing fancy, nothing artifical, nothing new, and with no added flavours either ;) but make great pets, good workers if thats what you want, which you can get from good lines if you so wish too, which you could place more trust in the average working lurcher breeder then the average northen 'type' breeder IMHO, Diesel's breeder aside, and they are cheap as chips, although they will probally steal your chips given half the chance :lol:
  20. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    if u know the right peeps...skys ur limit ;-)
  21. rune

rune

Nope the biggest lurcher breeder in the country charges a LOT more than that!

rune